User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone ever install in-dash navigation unit????????

I have a 99 international 9200 with cat c12 and was wondering if anyone ever installed a navigation unit? The only problem I think I will have is finding the speed sensor wire the comes from the trucks ECU and goes to the nav unit. It also needs the reverse wire also, but this I think I can find. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Help Please!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't get the Pioneer. I know a few folks who have one that works. Mine hasn't worked- ever. We've had it replaced a few times, even (under warranty) and the replacement doesn't work. I don't know anyone else who has had this problem.

A good installation is very important. I'd suggest the C.B. shop on I 75 in Ohio at exit 99- I never got stereo work there but they ran a new coax cable for me and did a very meticulous job) or California Custom Sounds in Dayton, Ohio- they've done a lot for us- reasonable prices. Ask for Rocky (the owner)- they have a lot next to them that you can get in and out of with a truck and trailer- it's not theirs, but we've parked there a few times no problem.

Don't know where you run. We've had some stereo work done in Texas, but the guy at the Tweeters we went to- who was a fantastic install- isn't there any more. The Tweeters there closed- he went into business for himself, but I lost his card. Another place in Texas (did our original install) I won't suggest- they did a mediocre job and we've had to have things rewired.

If I find the card for the guy in Texas, I'll put the contact info in here.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the awesome info!! Would you think some local car audio shop might be able to do it?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Senior Board Member

I have a navagation unit, it is called Rand McNally Motor Carriers Road Atlas, and only requires two eyes and tow hands to operate correctly.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I would say that any local install shop should be able to do it. But if you want it done right, you may want to check with other drivers and see if they have someone they would recommend. A half-ass job is more expensive than you think. It will cost you money to fix and/or frustration to deal with the annoying buzz...

I am a fan of using the Atlas and I like Streets and Trips. But sometimes it is nice to have a map right there on the dash. Ours won't route us anymore- like I said, it doesn't work. But it really nice to just be able to see the map. The atlas is great if you're going cross country, but if you're on city streets, it doesn't really help all the time.

I'm always looking at the map. But if the map doesn't zoom in on the location I want, mapping software is even better.