User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hey

GMAN,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the link to a 4 can trailer I'm considering if I get a T/T. http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/d...6DD494F0837ADA

I'm looking at a couple different options right now. I'm thinking to start with a used truck and run that for a year or 2 and then get a newer/nicer/less mileage truck. I've bounced back and forth with the idea of a dully, or a international with a gooseneck/5th wheel instead of a dully. I'm somewhat thinking to get a moderate Int> with a working man sleeper and start that way. Most people are saying between 10 and 14 mpg for thsoe trucks. The plus is I could make money with only 4 cars at a time, I'd have a legall sleeping place, and the fuel eco would be good. The downside, is they arent a nice T/T with full bed, tv/fridge, and most the trucks I have seen in the 26K area have been beat to hell! So far...those are my thoughts! Any help?

Chop
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That is a nice looking trailer. I looks similar to one a friend of mine is thinking about buying. His is made by Infinity. I believe they are based in Texas. They have up to 6 vehicles on one trailer. I don't recall their website, but I think it is www.infinitytrailers.com. He has been using wedge trailers and has been doing well with them, but the Infinity sits lower reducing drag. This Boydstun also has a lower center of gravity and sits closer to the ground. The down side to the Dodge duallys is that they take a beating on depreciation with the high miles you accumulate pulling cars around. He put air ride on one pickup. I would question whether anyone would get 14 mpg pulling cars around no matter what they were using for power. I think a single axle tractor would hold up better, but you would probably need to tag it for more weight than a pickup. There is a lot of competition with these hot shot type of car haulers.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Rookie
Default GMAN

Gman,

Is there anyway that I can post my email address? I'd like to email you directly regarding some questions, if you wouldn't mind that! You seem to be the man with the know how on this site, and I'd like some opinions and thoughts from you in more depth, If I may say!
Let me know if I can post my email, and I shall do so! Thanks for all the help so far and I look forward to speaking more with you!

Pork Chop
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You can put your email address in your profile. I was going to suggest you pm me, but I think you need 50 posts to do that. There are several on this forum with experience and knowledge who are willing to share them with you. However, I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.