User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default yes another tire question

I have done a search & I can not find the thread I read quite some time ago about tires. all I can remember is people were saying to get the ones with 32/32 tread depth. I am in need of a set of drives. I haul heavy (up to 120k). the last set I bought were Kumo's & I am NOT happy at all (not sure what model it's raining outside & I'm not going out & check). I only got about 110k miles out of them. I need to try to be some what conservative on the $, but I want something that will last. I noticed that someone posted they liked double coins. what do yall suggest? most of my moves are local heavy hauls. I also need a semi lug tire due to going off road on to construction sites, but 99% of the time there is a piece of equipment to get me out IF I do get stuck.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Bridgestone M726 EL, anything else is JUNK, yes they are EXPENSIVE

Double coin, Kumho, all those off shore tires are garbage if you plan on getting any serious wear out of them, the guy I buy tires from won't even take any of those off-shore tires for casing credit, what does that tell you?

Remember just like anything else...........you get what you pay for
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have 4 Double Coin 32/32 on my drives and they seem to be wearing very well. Bridgestone was probably the fist to come out with the deeper tread. At one time, I ran Bridgestone tires. The last several years I have been experimenting with various brands. So far the Double Coins are doing well. I had some people from International tell me that they are going with Double Coin on their new trucks. Double Coin is made by Michelin.