User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Taking the plunge

Hello all, I'm seriously considering going o/o in a couple months. I've been driving for a year and I really need to increase my pay. I've been reading everything I can find on the subject. What I wondered from you guys is in CA what does a dealer require if I want to buy my truck off the lot?

I mean will I need to have insurance before hand? And is there separate insurance for driving and insuring loads? Should I get one of these companies to set me up as a cooperation with my own authority or allow whoever I lease it to do it?

As a new owner operator with excellent credit will I need a down payment on it and will 10% be sufficent? I think I want to get my own financing rather than dealing with the dealership. I'm not looking for accuracy just best guess generalities. I plan on leasing my truck at first maybe to the company I'm with now, USXpress but ultimately going completely solo and getting my own loads.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Some times a dealer can help you out with your down payment by jacking the price of the truck up then telling the finance company you already put down like $7,000 which you really didn't.

When I bought my mine they would not release the truck to me until I proved to them I had liability insurance. It was the state law.