User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default sent here to ask tootie about arrow

anyone can give me str8 poop about arrow lease purchase walk away plan? i have posts on new drivew forum about moving to tucumcari new mexico.. happens to be out of everyones hiring area.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm sure she will be along to tell you in person,but here is her response on another thread

Quote:
We did lease purchase with Arrow for about 3 years. It is HARD to do. I wouldnt recommend it for just anyone. I cant speak for CRST since we didnt lease purchase through them but 1600 a week is ALOT of money!! at Arrow AFTER our deposits were paid (2800.00) they were taking about 1,000 per week. This was EVERYTHING except fuel. That included .07 cents a mile maint. program and our 571.00 per week truck payment for an 07 KW. Arrow pays by the mile and didnt charge us for the trailer use.

We have since wised up and bought our own truck. I cant believe the difference in income that this is going to be. I wish we had done this alot sooner but we had credit issues to deal with.

Anyway I would shy away from any LP with that much output a week or for that matter dont do it at all. BUT if he insists on doing this I hope you have a good job to make up for the weeks with no pay. Also PLEASE read the lease carefully.

good luck

tootie

Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey there,

Well lets see....Since buying our own truck I would NOT advise anyone to do lease purchase.

We did good in lease purchase BUT my hubby was the exception to the rule. The failure rate is very high. It takes alot of disapline (sp?) to do it. You will have to fight for your miles. You will need to run a minimum of 2500 miles a week to make some money. If you can get 3000+ a week you can do good, but that is HARD to do at arrow.

Keep this in mind, your truck payment will be anywhere from 350 to 600+ a week. That is only your truck payment. You are going to make .90 per mile + fuel surcharge. So this week, for instance you would be making maybe 1.15 per mile. So lets say you get 2500 miles a week that would be 2875.00 Now from that you subtract (rule of thumb 1000.00 this is ins, mait, qualecomm, ect) this leaves 1875.00 NOW take off fuel lets say you have a KW with a cummins and you average 6.0 mpg. that is 417 gallons of fuel at the average of 2.60 per gal = 1084.20 so subtract that money also. Now you have about 791.00 left. Now you have to consider my numbers assume you get that 6.0mpg and dont idle your truck AND this does not include the deposits!!

Your deposits are 1000.00 security and 1800.00 equipment. They take an extra 150.00 per week till these are paid. Running through the summer will get the deposits off before the slow season sets in. So take that off your 791.00. Can you live with this?? we found it very hard. We vitrually lived in the truck. there is NO going home for a week or two. You cant let the truck sit. If you go in the hole then they take what you owe next week. arrow could care less if you have money or not. I could write a book on this subject.

You live in NM? You wont get home much and freight sucks coming out too. You may get through the house but that is aobut it.

Hope this helps

ask if ya any other questions....

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Hey there,

Well lets see....Since buying our own truck I would NOT advise anyone to do lease purchase.

We did good in lease purchase BUT my hubby was the exception to the rule. The failure rate is very high. It takes alot of disapline (sp?) to do it. You will have to fight for your miles. You will need to run a minimum of 2500 miles a week to make some money. If you can get 3000+ a week you can do good, but that is HARD to do at arrow.

Keep this in mind, your truck payment will be anywhere from 350 to 600+ a week. That is only your truck payment. You are going to make .90 per mile + fuel surcharge. So this week, for instance you would be making maybe 1.15 per mile. So lets say you get 2500 miles a week that would be 2875.00 Now from that you subtract (rule of thumb 1000.00 this is ins, mait, qualecomm, ect) this leaves 1875.00 NOW take off fuel lets say you have a KW with a cummins and you average 6.0 mpg. that is 417 gallons of fuel at the average of 2.60 per gal = 1084.20 so subtract that money also. Now you have about 791.00 left. Now you have to consider my numbers assume you get that 6.0mpg and dont idle your truck AND this does not include the deposits!!

Your deposits are 1000.00 security and 1800.00 equipment. They take an extra 150.00 per week till these are paid. Running through the summer will get the deposits off before the slow season sets in. So take that off your 791.00. Can you live with this?? we found it very hard. We vitrually lived in the truck. there is NO going home for a week or two. You cant let the truck sit. If you go in the hole then they take what you owe next week. arrow could care less if you have money or not. I could write a book on this subject.

You live in NM? You wont get home much and freight sucks coming out too. You may get through the house but that is aobut it.

Hope this helps

ask if ya any other questions....

tootie

Tootie, I'm somewhat surprised at your answer, though it is straight to the point and if I believe anyone it is you, but your tag line always was lease drivers ARE making it. Just by the skin of their teeth it looks like.

Reminds me many moons ago I opened a restaurant, after awhile you realize your paying everyone elses bills but your own. The difference is, you get to make your own decisions.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Maybe she meant Leasing on to a company and not leasing a truck? That would make you a lease driver, right? You can work for a company that does lease purchase deals and tell them you are going to buy your own truck soon.
This way you can do a lease rental with them for the same amount as somebody doing a lease purchase deal, but you will have no ties attached. You can give them the truck back anytime you want. Not all companies will do this though.

It is a way to try out leasing on to a company without getting stuck with them, or the truck. :P
Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

what I meant by that tag line was....we did make it. We were never in the hole EVER that I remember. There are times we made over 1500.00 a week and other times we made 400.00 We had a great DM and we learned quick whereto go and not to go. We deadheaded alot out of our pocket to get to freight to keep the truck running. Arrow has a good deal going as far as lease purchase goes BUT I still say you take ALOT of risk. I wouldbe willing to help ya as much as i can, but not sure how much help that would be since we are no longer there. The GREAT DM we had is no longer a DM anymore.

Tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org