Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   If you actually care....read this... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/37831-if-you-actually-care-read.html)

Skywalker 05-10-2009 01:35 AM

If you actually care....read this...

I have seen on our bulletin boards in our terminals ....that as of May 11, 2009, the USDOT will be using GPS data from OBCR data to audit logbooks.

So it appears that the USDOT is going to compare your GPS input from your OBC against your logbooks to define whether or not you are running legal....

Best be safe than paying fines.....

Rev.Vassago 05-10-2009 01:41 AM

This is old news. Many companies who use Qualcomm already do this.

Uturn2001 05-10-2009 01:51 AM

It has been what...at least a year now since they changed the rules and no longer have to get a court order for things like Qualcomm records.

Skywalker 05-10-2009 02:02 AM

Ahhhh, but prior to this....they were not doing so. Apparently they have decide to do this, and it will become fully active as of 05/11.

I am thinking that companies may be required to "ping" their trucks more than once every hour....

I noticed that the other day....even though I had my tank washed out after a HM load, that at 0530.....while I was in the sleeper berth....my geologic screen "lit up"....after the truck had been shut down (engine off 9+hrs)....so I can only presume that I was "pinged".....

While some might claim its nothing new....it really is, because they will now be using GPS coordinates to validate the logbooks......... whoo-hooooo. Should be fun.....

Where's my "tinfoil hat".......:eek1:

Skywalker 05-10-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 449554)
This is old news. Many companies who use Qualcomm already do this.

Rev..... With all respect to you and your knowledge...we are not talking about the "companies".....we are talking about the the USDOT and its "subordinates".....

Its a different set of parameters, or a different "paradigm" if you please....:cool:

Double R 05-10-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 449561)
Ahhhh, but prior to this....they were not doing so. Apparently they have decide to do this, and it will become fully active as of 05/11.

I am thinking that companies may be required to "ping" their trucks more than once every hour....

I noticed that the other day....even though I had my tank washed out after a HM load, that at 0530.....while I was in the sleeper berth....my geologic screen "lit up"....after the truck had been shut down (engine off 9+hrs)....so I can only presume that I was "pinged".....

While some might claim its nothing new....it really is, because they will now be using GPS coordinates to validate the logbooks......... whoo-hooooo. Should be fun.....

Where's my "tinfoil hat".......:eek1:

Your right, this will be fun. Especially when my "PEOPLE NET" shows me in MIDDLESEX TOWNSHIP,PA and both my log and fuel receipt say CARLISLE,PA.

The Pilot, Petro, and Flying J actually sit in Middlesex Township,PA.

Skywalker 05-10-2009 02:24 AM

DoubleR... You're right it will be interesting once they start doing it....there are any number of discrepancies that will pop up....and one has to wonder what the time variation is that they will allow.... Those of us that know....due to reality, that the best you can do is 15 mins +/- on paper....so it remains to be seen what standard will be used...................

And in the meantime ...we get blamed for everything between the lack of taste in Wrigley's chewing gum and the the inefficiency of Cuba's government......:roll3::smokin::bow::mad::moon:

Double R 05-10-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 449567)
DoubleR... You're right it will be interesting once they start doing it....there are any number of discrepancies that will pop up....and one has to wonder what the time variation is that they will allow.... Those of us that know....due to reality, that the best you can do is 15 mins +/- on paper....so it remains to be seen what standard will be used...................

And in the meantime ...we get blamed for everything between the lack of taste in Wrigley's chewing gum and the the inefficiency of Cuba's government......:roll3::smokin::bow::mad::moon:

Agree. And now that I have to use a log book again since I travel pass 100 air miles(in a day cab), I just write down what is on the "PEOPLE NET" screen.:D
People Net is cell tower based, so the nearest tower could be as far as 9 miles from you:D(That's the furthest I have see so far) . Lets see how long it takes safety to catch on.:D

Skywalker 05-10-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 449569)
Agree. And now that I have to use a log book again since I travel pass 100 air miles(in a day cab), I just write down what is on the "PEOPLE NET" screen.:D
People Net is cell tower based, so the nearest tower could be as far as 9 miles from you:D(That's the furthest I have see so far) . Lets see how long it takes safety to catch on.:D

\

Yep...its amazing.....and some companies are going to find out that is "NOT business as usual"....and compliance is gonna be the name of then game....

I think its gonna be like an "inadvertant" restructurant of the realm......

Pack_Rat 05-10-2009 02:52 AM

Sure glad we do not use qualcom or any other tracking device!!!!