Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Truck driving with a baby????? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36990-truck-driving-baby.html)

devildice 02-03-2009 03:09 PM

I don't see a racist remark in Big Jeeps post.......stereotyping maybe, but not racists

dobry4u 02-03-2009 03:09 PM

I am ready to take my boys on the road... and drop them off at an employment agency 2,000 miles from home. :mad: :eek2: :lol:

devildice 02-03-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 437074)
I am ready to take my boys on the road... and drop them off at an employment agency 2,000 miles from home. :mad: :eek2: :lol:

:lol2::lol2: now that's funny :lol2::lol2:

Jumbo 02-03-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 437071)
I am in agreement with the "raising" kids in a truck, with the cab of the truck being the primary residence.


HOWEVER.....I see nothing wrong with taking a kid, even a baby, on a trip, especially short over night runs.

My nephew, Jeremiah, let his 16 month old started riding with "Grampa" in 2004, doing short trips to ID, MT, and OR out of the Seattle area. Colby enjoyed those trips immencely and still enjoys taking trips with "Grampa". He is 6 years old now, and you can sit down with him in a truckstop, and he can hold a decent conversation with you about proper securement pf pipe, flat steel....or what a load going to which state should pay.....as well as how long it should legally take to do the trip. He is one very bright young man.

When my Bro-in-law would want to take Colby on longer trips, my sister went along as the herdsman, to keep Colby ut of harms way, and to deal with the issues younguns have during the course of a driving day.

Short trips good....daily living....BAD.....in a truck.... for kids.

I'd like to hire that kid to be my dispatcher.

MsJax601 02-03-2009 07:14 PM

Well, thank you all for the comments even if a few were kinda rude but I did ask the question. I do not want to "raise" my son in a truck, that`s crazy. I just wanted to do the driving for a year or two. I love my son to death and I would never put him in a place that might harm him. That is why I asked the question. Like I said before. I have heard of people that do that but that doesn`t mean I`m going to do it. Once again,thankx.

RockyMtnProDriver 02-03-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsJax601 (Post 437097)
Well, thank you all for the comments even if a few were kinda rude but I did ask the question. I do not want to "raise" my son in a truck, that`s crazy. I just wanted to do the driving for a year or two. I love my son to death and I would never put him in a place that might harm him. That is why I asked the question. Like I said before. I have heard of people that do that but that doesn`t mean I`m going to do it. Once again,thankx.

Don't worry about the rude stuff.

That is just the nature of the beast of the Internet, easy to blow off steam when it is no more than keys on a keyboard.

Take the solid comments and weight them. The rest is fluff.

Hawkjr 02-04-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 437057)
I don't beleive you because in-cab DB on new trucks are no higher than the family car , However the cab of a truck may not be a good place to raise a child ,but neither are trailer parks ,and low income housing projects .

Low Income Housing Projects are the home to majority of poor African Americans.. In the Four Major Cities i have family in (Baltimore, Richmond, Charlotte, and Washington D.C) i have not seen white families scattered across housing projects in none of these CITIES!!! I have two cousins who earn 50k who came up through the rough Projects of Baltimore by going to college and get there degrees, your views and opinions are complete garbage... The comment was out of line and disrespectful.. That **** had nothing to do with her question.. now i'm a big boy and i'm not going to cry to papa vassago but i'm just throwing it out there!!

Like i said i want to come to CO and slap the piss out of you... and you wouldn't do a damn thing about it but take it like the biggot, stereotyping, and sexist that you are!!!

now back on subject... KIDS NEED TO STAY AT HOME, GROW UP, GET LAID, PLAY SPORTS, AND THEN GO TO COLLEGE OR DRIVE TRUCK PERIOD!!!

Quote:

Don't worry about the rude stuff....

Take the solid comments and weight them. The rest is fluff.
if she want people to be nice, proper, and dandy to her she might as well go ahead and choice another profession.. from *****hole truck drivers to office personal at shippers and receivers.. meeting nice people at times is rough!!

TimberWolf 02-04-2009 05:40 AM

I grew up less then 20 miles from Big Jeep. Evergreen Colorado, spent all my high school years in Idaho Springs, Colorado which in the 70's and 80's was one big trailer park for the most part.
Cocaine flowed freely in the mountains along with some real good skunk weed every fall, we had our share of loser's, idiots, know it alls, and the best ones of all were the Californians who moved to Colorado thinking their sh.t did not stink in their big 4x4's.
My point is it does not matter where you grow up, or how you are brought up, in reality once we reach a certain age we make our own choices in life and we have to live up to them or own them however it may work out. geograpic location only plays a small (very small role) in your personality traits. Mom & Dad coach & guide you, but in the end you are responsible for yourself and your choices.
Make a choice based on your needs not the ideas of others, but be aware of the logisitcs of having an infant in the cab it could prove to be overwhelming at times when you need to be paying attention in other areas, and children ALWAYS COME FIRST...... Jobs come and go kids are for life...........

Timberwolf

Biscuit Lips 02-04-2009 05:48 AM

Maybe you should give your child up for adoption.

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-04-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolf (Post 437168)
I grew up less then 20 miles from Big Jeep. Evergreen Colorado, spent all my high school years in Idaho Springs, Colorado which in the 70's and 80's was one big trailer park for the most part.
Cocaine flowed freely in the mountains along with some real good skunk weed every fall, we had our share of loser's, idiots, know it alls, and the best ones of all were the Californians who moved to Colorado thinking their sh.t did not stink in their big 4x4's.
My point is it does not matter where you grow up, or how you are brought up, in reality once we reach a certain age we make our own choices in life and we have to live up to them or own them however it may work out. geograpic location only plays a small (very small role) in your personality traits. Mom & Dad coach & guide you, but in the end you are responsible for yourself and your choices.
Make a choice based on your needs not the ideas of others, but be aware of the logisitcs of having an infant in the cab it could prove to be overwhelming at times when you need to be paying attention in other areas, and children ALWAYS COME FIRST...... Jobs come and go kids are for life...........

Timberwolf


Nice try but I'm from ...NEW YORK...not California , And nowhere in my post was race mentioned ,But I guess in HawkJR's mind low-income is specific only to African Americans therefore
when I mentioned low-income housing he instinctively went off on a racial rant about the PJ'S specific to black neighborhoods .

Most indviduals that live in either location I mentioned do so ,because they lack the ambition to improve themselves ...One walk around the average trailer park or city area of low income housing will tell a visual tale of the lack even the basic ambition to do upkeep on ones own home .


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.