Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Overweight concerns (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/36583-overweight-concerns.html)

Malaki86 12-27-2008 04:02 PM

It really depends on the mood of the scale master. I've been ticketed in Maryland for being 50# over on my trailer, but far from over gross.

thebaldeagle655 12-27-2008 04:15 PM

Unfortunately it al depends on the mood of the man running the scales. I have been sent on my way when I know I was over 1000 lbs over gross and stopped and had to knock 448 pounds of ice off the trailer once in Fort Morgan, Co to get it down to legal weight.

The major negative I can see is that, if you are busted, they could make you sit at the scale until another truck shows up to take your excess weight off of you and get you legal. Another is that this goes on the companies safestat score. Meaning that when a driver crosses the scale and the scale operator punches in the license number or MC number, the safestat score is displayed to the scale operator. If the company has repeated violation and a bad safestat score, they end being subjected to inspections a bit more often than companies with good safestat scores.

The other negative, in my opinion, the most important to consider is that a lot of drivers forget that this is in fact an equipment violation. YOUR personal insurance company will see this when they review your insurance next time. Repeated equipment violations, ie., overweight, tires, lights, etc. very well could mean more money coming out of YOUR, not the companies pockets for YOUR insurance premium on your personal vehicles!

Double R 12-27-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 430951)
It really depends on the mood of the scale master. I've been ticketed in Maryland for being 50# over on my trailer, but far from over gross.

You must have caught him in a bad mood. I use to run out of Baltimore every friday #200lbs over on my trailer tandems but always under gross. They pulled me around back once and I showed him all my scale tickets. He said that I was fine and that aloow 300lbs over on tandems. How true that is, I don't know but he was in a good mood.

By the way, that at the scale on I70.

Double R 12-27-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 607
I'm thinking in the future I'll let Mr. Dispatcher know that he should take he risk and drive that load, and find a load that will be legal for me.

I would have told him that this time and not wait for the next time.

In the future Mr. Dispatcher is going to say, "You ran it once like that, you can do it again."

Malaki86 12-27-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 430960)
You must have caught him in a bad mood. I use to run out of Baltimore every friday #200lbs over on my trailer tandems but always under gross. They pulled me around back once and I showed him all my scale tickets. He said that I was fine and that aloow 300lbs over on tandems. How true that is, I don't know but he was in a good mood.

By the way, that at the scale on I70.

They got me at the Finzel scale on 68. Needless to say, it was a bunch of BS.

Double R 12-27-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 430963)
They got me at the Finzel scale on 68. Needless to say, it was a bunch of BS.

You are correct, the Finzel scale is a bunch of bull. They got us many times in the past. Now unless we have a delivery in Laval or Cumberland, we all AVOID 68.

They got me two years ago on a "log violation". Needless to say, all I got was a warning because I called him on it.

LightsChromeHorsepower 12-27-2008 07:02 PM

Out west here I think all scales allow you a 200# scale variation tolerance.

You're fine on the drives & trailer. Burn a little fuel & you'll be OK on the steers too.

I flirt with 80K almost every load. I figure they pay me to deal with it, not to whine to my dispatcher.

BigDiesel 12-27-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 430972)
Out west here I think all scales allow you a 200# scale variation tolerance.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Riiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttt......

This proves how little you really know......

LightsChromeHorsepower 12-27-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 430973)

Riiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttt......

This proves how little you really know......

A punk, a bully and factually incorrect as usual. Refer to the following link;

Truck Scales Weigh Stations DOT Rules

Quote;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: California will allow 200 lbs. For anything more than 200 lbs over, you will get a ticket.

Over-Axle Weight Tolerance: California will allow 200 lbs without a ticket.

To quote one of your own previos posts;

"Do not give advice to others, as you are an imbecile and are still clueless....."

BigDiesel 12-27-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 430976)
A punk, a bully and factually incorrect as usual. Refer to the following link;

Truck Scales Weigh Stations DOT Rules

Quote;

Over-Gross Weight Tolerance: California will allow 200 lbs. For anything more than 200 lbs over, you will get a ticket.

Over-Axle Weight Tolerance: California will allow 200 lbs without a ticket.

To quote one of your own previos posts;

"Do not give advice to others, as you are an imbecile and are still clueless....."

LCH is wrong again........

Roll over Woodburn, Ashland, Umatilla, Farewell Bend, KFalls, Ridgefield, WA scales, etc..... With your (edited) thought process on axle weights and see what happens.....(edited)