Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   TV Reception in the Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/35466-tv-reception-truck.html)

flood 09-14-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORPLINER
after the first 2 answer to this question-i'm confused. I drive a FL Columbia with a standard(i guess) pole antenna for the Tv.I have a 15" LCD tv-will I need a different type antenna to pick up the digital broad-cast signal or a converter box-i know the tv is digital.Appreciate any info

if it's digital all you will need to get is NOTHING..

Evinrude 09-14-2008 11:58 AM

Re: TV Reception in the Truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retired in Nevada
How do you get TV reception in the truck? Satellite? Antenna?

I have Dish Network at home. Do Dish Network and DirecTV have any kind of a setup for truck drivers?

I use a sling box...no need to set up the dish.

flood 09-14-2008 04:47 PM

sling box is nice but it can't do what my dish setup can. son at home watching one show and me recording 2 movies at the same time..

i can watch movies that we record on the dvr when she is driving, i DON"T need to get on the internet to use the dish and we all know that you can't always get a good fast internet connection (sling box requiers)

it takes less than 5min to setup the dish and 2min to take it down.

Malaki86 09-14-2008 05:15 PM

Not to mention the fact that both Sprint and Verizon have a 5gig monthly limit now.

Mystikal 11-29-2008 02:31 AM

little late on this post, but are there any good non-permenant mounts for the vuqube? the wife and I will be out in our own company truck and we plan to get the tracking qube that you can watch when your moving... but don't want to attempt drilling holes into a company truck.

rkeck 11-29-2008 02:04 PM

Go to Wal-mart and get one of the RCA flat-panel antennas. They do a pretty decent job and can be placed practically anywhere and out ot the way. They are not perfect, but always easily beat rabbit ear antennas for reception. The one I got a year ago has no amplifier and works fine in most reasonable locations.

They work well for digital and anaolg broadcasts. And when all else fails, read a book. I've not had any luck with the USB/laptop tv devices and have tried a few. I went to Radio shack and spent $120 for a small 7inch wide-screen analog/digital tv that I can put right next to me in the sleeper or up front in the seat, or wherever. Has a great display once you get locked onto a good digital signal. If I want to watch a movie, then I use the laptop dvd.

I guess your setup depends on how much of a TV watcher you are

Criss 07-31-2009 04:26 AM

I use a software for this

Not for long time I use a software and I dont need anything than a laptop and internet connection. It's 49.95 and you have 4,000 satellite TV channels on your laptop.
TV Satellite from your PC
you don't need antenna or other wires. I use a sprint connection.

kc0iv 07-31-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss (Post 457583)
Not for long time I use a software and I dont need anything than a laptop and internet connection. It's 49.95 and you have 4,000 satellite TV channels on your laptop.
TV Satellite from your PC
you don't need antenna or other wires. I use a sprint connection.

Can you say SCAM?

kc0iv

DieselBoss 07-31-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 426409)
little late on this post, but are there any good non-permenant mounts for the vuqube? the wife and I will be out in our own company truck and we plan to get the tracking qube that you can watch when your moving... but don't want to attempt drilling holes into a company truck.

Yes. We make two non-permanent mounts for VuQube. One uses 3M aircraft tape to install it on the back of the rig. It would be in the same place as where the "drill" mount would go. It can be taken off by reversing the procedure to put it on (heat activated.)

The second mounts to either side mirror bracket but of course you would have to be parked in such a manner that whichever side you put it on that night had a view of the southern sky.

Either way, no drilling.

BobBski 08-02-2009 09:04 PM

Hopefully I don't have much time to watch tv..but when I do, i'm in the USB for laptop with $25 antenna group. As a Verizon customer I also have unlimited TV on my cell...great for news while sitting at a customer. :) DVD's are great on the laptop too.

NOTE: for cell phone tv to work need to be near a larger city most of the time. In those instances have V Cast Videos...not bad...helps pass the time. All else fails...turn on the laptop and come here:lol: