Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Are there any companies that will hire a guy with 2 DWI's? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34887-there-any-companies-will-hire-guy-2-dwis.html)

eddie23949 03-18-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 441705)
Thanks for the update! Enjoy your 7 day vacation!

You're welcome; I did; and you're still a *****.

eddie23949 03-18-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 441749)
I can't imagine what the insurance costs is on him... YIKES!!!!:eek1:

I have no idea because the company pays it....but, I did call Progressive Commercial AND GEICO Commercial and neither of them seem to care about anything on your record older than 60 months.

So, apparently, my rate is as low as is offered.

eddie23949 03-18-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_coaster (Post 441723)
Hey Rev, maybe you should use your almighty Administrator powers to change the name of this forum from "New Truck Drivers Get Help Here" to "Ask A Question I Don't Like and I'll Tear You Up Because I Have Nothing Else To Do".

From what I could see, eddie23949 asked a question regarding companies who hire those with DUII's in their past. If you didn't have anything constructive to say maybe you should have skipped over this one. Advising someone to "build a time machine and go back to do research" is not constructive nor does it fall within the lines of the forum title. It is pessimistic and juvenile at best. If you have an issue with someone trying to get a job after being convicted of two DUII's 7 and 8 years ago, maybe you should go start another thread about that topic.

It seems as though you have quite a bit of experience in the trucking industry. Maybe you could use that knowledge to offer advice and constructive criticism in a beneficial way to those who frequent this board. Or you could act hostile and surly to those who are seeking to tap into the vast knowledge base here on these boards.

I don't think it is smart to go to truck driving school with prior DUII's before researching the topic, but he did, and then he proved your short-sighted original post wrong. Good job on re-starting your life eddie23949.

Thank you for your support, but don't hold your breath on the Rev. Hostile and surly is what makes his world go 'round.

Actually, I suppose it must be tough for him to have to wake up each day having such a poor outlook on life. Oh well.

eddie23949 03-18-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolf (Post 441725)
with an attitude like that he is an accident waiting to happen...
Why the in your face BS, no offense but a real man would have just said I got a job and I am trying my best to do well, instead you have to be an A hole and act like a little child who one upped his friend..

Grow up Eddie.

Timberwolf

???

Drink some more koolaid dude.

eddie23949 03-18-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 441757)
I'd be curious to know who finally hired him. Maybe he will be nice enough to tell us in 6 1/2 days.

Actually, it was 10 days, and you can keep being curious, ****ball.

Rev.Vassago 03-18-2009 09:38 PM

Wow! That lasted long!

Creek Jackson 03-19-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 441749)
I can't imagine what the insurance costs is on him... YIKES!!!!:eek1:

Most midsize to large to mega trucking companies are self insured. It is the only way they can afford to keep the trucks on the road and the only way they can overlook someone's record. They evaluate the risks and decide whether or not it is feasible have someone drive for them.

Whatever13 06-03-2022 06:25 PM

decades later

eddie23949 - I, too, had a couple of issues (decades ago) and I was curious whatever happened with your career?

cdreid 11-25-2022 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 398625)
Would you rather I sugarcoat it?

The truth is that the industry has too many drivers right now, and companies have gotten a lot more picky on who they hire. As a 2 time offender, you have 2 HUGE strikes against you. Some research before you went to school would have told you this.

You'll find no love here based on those 2 DWI's.

Youre still here spouting nonsense? The driver shortage is worse than ever.

cdreid 11-25-2022 01:49 AM

Most likely all thenewbie companies

Theyll ask for dui information. Some will be no dui ever. Some wont care about anything that old. I got one 35 years ago. Noone cared when i started 18ish years ago.

I doubt any small company will hire you unless its a fly by night co. I dont think almost any company will care. You picked the right time..companies are more desperate than ive ever seen them. My company is offering 9k+ signon and we are home every night.. (no youre not qualifoed youd die) As you have school and your class a youre in a better position than people without. One thing..dont trust recruiters..theyre professional liars. Call the company and ask to speak to safety

And the 'good' rev was here 17 years ago when i started spouting nonsense. Kinda like he soends all day in the truck stop or doesnt drive at all