Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Why don't T/A, Pilot, Flying J, Blue B, timestamp receipts? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34038-why-dont-t-pilot-flying-j-blue-b-timestamp-receipts.html)

belpre122 05-27-2008 03:11 AM

Why don't T/A, Pilot, Flying J, Blue B, timestamp receipts?

I'm interested to hear from the apologists on this one???? I know that it is readily available if requested. Why not print it out on all receipts given to every driver?
Why the mystery? Please convince me that the full time stamp should not be there.

DaveP 05-27-2008 04:08 AM

Ummm...I think they leave it off to keep ink costs down.

I don't mind.

NotSteve 05-27-2008 07:04 AM

I think it's so they can leave the real time up to the driver for creative log book entries. I'll bet if just one company put the time stamps on they would see a dramatic drop in fuel sales. A time stamp really puts a mark as to where you were at a specific time and doesn't allow for one to fudge your log.

thebaldeagle655 05-27-2008 02:44 PM

I think this is a hold over from the "good ole days" when it was not as easy as logging onto the internet to check a transaction time to ensure it matched the log book entry. DOT had no way to confirm a time and fuel stops did not have to match the time on the log book. Today, computers have given DOT inspectors a tool that enables them to check almost instantly the time of a transaction. As such, fuel stops need to match! I think it is only a matter of time until the time stamps are mandated by the feds though. I am with you, it would make my day easier by being able to look at a receipt and using that time stamp to match a log too when I forgot to write down the time, fueled and got down the road and realized I forgot to log it :)

Trukrswyfe 05-27-2008 02:54 PM

It's not just the TA's and truckstops. The bills we would give out weren't time stamped either, well the driver's copy anyway.

It's called give a Trucker a break. It's about all they get. 8)

RottsATruckin 05-27-2008 09:02 PM

I tend to agree with the “helps with creative logging” concept, my former company got a disk in the mail from the truck stops that DID have the time stamp on it, and they cross referenced it with your logs so they’d better match.
DAMHIK :oops:

Walking Eagle 05-28-2008 12:58 AM

If you use a CC for fuel, Comdata, TCH etc. when the company get the bill it shows right on there the time to the minute when you fueled at XYZ stop also if you run into a real Ahole DOT they can request it from the station you are showing. Been there, done that with both DOT and the company log department.

bigdad7 05-28-2008 06:59 PM

i had an 0/0 that lived next door to me ....real nice guy allways payed for fuel with cash drives 58 mph hour and logs 70 ......not a bad deal

Chasing Daylight 05-29-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdad7
i had an 0/0 that lived next door to me ....real nice guy allways payed for fuel with cash drives 58 mph hour and logs 70 ......not a bad deal

so he effectively looses 12mph. over the course of ten hours, thats 120 miles. So he drives 13.5 hours and logs 11? Guess sleep isn't a priority for him.

BigWheels 05-29-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chasing Daylight
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdad7

so he effectively looses 12mph. over the course of ten hours, thats 120 miles. So he drives 13.5 hours and logs 11? Guess sleep isn't a priority for him.

Or maybe he's got the right connections, a healthy paycheck, and the rig payed for. Just sayin'. :)