Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Still around and looking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/33324-still-around-looking.html)

matcat 04-05-2008 01:20 PM

Still around and looking

Well after swift fired me, I've been quite busy trying to find another OTR job, everyone wants to see a few months clean driving after that accident, but how the heck you do that if no one hires you?! Well I've been checking out some local gigs, and quickly find out almost all require you to have your own state issued copy of mvr, so I went and got a copy, and to my surprise the accident nor the ticket are listed on there, and its been over a month! (Note this is actual Motor Vehicle Report, not DAC report), 10yr history, with not a single thing on it but license issue dates and my address, and no reported anythings. There is a local company that does roll off office trailers that I have a chance with, and I do believe they go past 100 mile air radius, so I would have to log, so my question is, should I apply for this job and not say anything about the accident/ticket, or should I tell them about it, even though my MVR is completely clean, and if I didn't tell them, how do I explain why Swift let me go... I would rather be honest, but I can't even get a job delivering pizzas being honest... This is a really good piece of advice for all you new drivers, NEVER have a rear ender accident, no matter how minor it is, for those that do not know my situation, I had a minor rear ender in dense fog, and swift didn't fire me until 3 weeks after it happened (And I really don't think they where going to either, but I think once fuel got $4+ they decided to look for ends to cut).

Suffice it to say, I learned my lesson, but there has to be a way to get back to work, I didn't go thru all that work to get my CDL, then put 6 months in OTR to just be shutdown over a single mistake...

Jumbo 04-05-2008 01:27 PM

I sure wouldn't lie. Why take that chance of them finding out and canning your ass. Then the next job you apply for that is following you.

jw6831 04-05-2008 01:36 PM

Well most co., will pull your DAC report, so even if your mvr is clean, it will show up on your DAC, like they told you, it's better to be up front, it hurts but, best to be honest, it's a co. out there somewhere, to give you another chance, LOL

GMAN 04-05-2008 02:00 PM

It can take time for tickets to get on your MVR. While it may not be on you record now, it may show up next year. Motor carriers and/or insurance companies will pull your MVR annually. I had a driver who is no longer with me who got a ticket not long before he left. My insurance company told me that had he still been with me my insurance premiums would have been higher. They pull an MVR each year on me and all my drivers before quoting a new premium.

Uturn2001 04-05-2008 02:26 PM

Yes, you need to come clean about all traffic convictions and accidents to all employers you apply to. It can take up to 90 days for out of state citations to show on your MVR, and if you do not let a potential employer know about it ahead of time they will find out sooner or later anyway and you will either not get the job or fired for lying on your job application.

BigDiesel 04-05-2008 07:01 PM

Hmmmmmm....... can't get a job due to plowing into someone while playing with video camera and not paying attention while operating a 80k CMV.... and now whining about it..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

matcat 04-05-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Hmmmmmm....... can't get a job due to plowing into someone while playing with video camera and not paying attention while operating a 80k CMV.... and now whining about it..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well this has all been addressed in the original post about the accident, so I don't want to hear it, plus there is no whining here.

moose81 04-05-2008 09:14 PM

Don't give up. If you want to drive keep filling out apps and making phone calls, I would also add be HONEST. I have had some recent mvr issues and am starting with a company on monday maybe not the greatest but..

got mud? 04-06-2008 03:12 AM

have you tried swift? they will hire anyone :oops: oh wait never mind. no really will prime lease you a truck?

(just had to bust your balls a little :lol: )

like everyone said be honest and you are bound to find someone out there. you might see if going through a refresher course will help out with some of the companies.

bigtimba 04-06-2008 03:12 PM

In your defense . .

. . I wish there was a way guys like you could sue Swift for your rotten training. Your arrogant defense of your senseless crash convinced me that you truly believed, at the time at least, that you had done nothing wrong. That is a product of poor training. I am one of those guys everyone complains is going too slow when I can't see the truck 50 yards ahead of me. The bottom line is that I had two very good trainers.

Wherever you wind up, ask them to make it a condition of your employment that you spend a little time with their most consciencious trainer and try to develop a few basic skills that will keep you and me alive.

I'm not picking on you but it is quite evident you need to be trained as you lack sufficient common sense to back off and slow down in the fog on your own. A good trainer can fix that problem. Don't feel bad . . there are plenty more like you out there. I just hope I get to them before they get to me.