Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   x felon (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29855-x-felon.html)

inmate1577 09-27-2007 06:54 PM

I wouldnt hire anyone who lies about a criminal past.
Still a criminal, IMHO.

greg3564 09-27-2007 07:47 PM

Yakman, I hope it works out for you. But, in one sentence you say how honest you are and never lie, but in another you admitted to lying about your felony on the application. Which is it?

You are going to have to call a lot of companies to find out who will take you. I've never heard of someone with a federal felony for counterfeiting trying to get hired. Not a very common offense. At the very least I would say it excludes you from driving a CMV into Canada, as your charge is a pretty serious one. It all just depends on what each company will tolerate in regards to the offense.

Sassy_1 09-28-2007 03:35 AM

just be a hard worker and don't lie

Yakman 09-28-2007 10:45 PM

ok your rite," i shouldn't lie" but in printing i half to,first they never check,
second if i did put down that i was a x counterfeiter they probably wouldn't hire me, and if they did it would be a a huge pay cut for me, so F that i just try to leave it in the past where it belongs, i never said i don't lie,i am an online poker player i do it all the time, WHAT I WONT DO IS BREAK THE LAW
or even remotely jeopardize my freedom in ANY WAY, not becouse i gave my life to jesus its, BECAUSE I ANT EVER GOING BACK TO FN JAIL -->PERIOD<--- i am very proud of the life i have made for myself today
i am out of work right now,but thats ok i can make a year on what i have saved plus my unemployment . anyway my research shows that there are allot of companies that will consider felons , iknow if i could just get an interview man to man face to face i would get the job, trucking is diferrant
you got to tell like it is..i didnt know that...i do now :)

tx

inmate1577 09-29-2007 12:26 PM

I wish people would learn to spell , even in jail.

Yakman 09-29-2007 07:42 PM

inmate1577
don't post here again ....

greg3564 09-29-2007 08:02 PM

He's baiting you. Also, you just have accept the fact people come on here to screw around. Just don't respond to them.

inmate1577 09-29-2007 09:32 PM

I'm not "baiting him" as you fantasize about.

I'm merely pointing at this supposed reformed ex-felon wants a job in the trucking industry, wants people to realize that he's reformed but doesnt have the balls to tell the truth on his application about his imprisonment??????

I have to go through several background checks and drug testing to work yet this guy intentionally lies to get a job.

There is a line in the movie "The Cowboys" that sums up my feeling.

"I dont hold prison against you, but I hate a liar".

Yakman 09-29-2007 10:58 PM

i know what he is trying to do,he said peace, made his point the first time,
it didn't really have much to do with the original post,but thats cool point well taken...the thing is i was hoping to hear from some real men here with some decent input good or bad and not some douche bag with nothing better to do
then to make a worthless comment about spelling , now hes quoting lines from movies like a woman..........

whatever....

inmate1577 09-29-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakman
i know what he is trying to do,he said peace, made his point the first time,
it didn't really have much to do with the original post,but thats cool point well taken...the thing is i was hoping to hear from some real men here with some decent input good or bad and not some douche bag with nothing better to do
then to make a worthless comment about spelling , now hes quoting lines from movies like a woman..........

whatever....

Real men dont LIE.
And before you call anyone a "douche bag" please realize some people dont have to LIE to get a job. There's a concept....telling the truth. Try it sometime unless it goes against your personal beliefs. :roll: