Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   dac report info (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29541-dac-report-info.html)

Fredog 09-09-2007 02:47 PM

dac report info

want your dac report? go here

How Do I Contact DAC To Get My Report?
call the DAC Consumer Department: 1-800-381-0645 (m-f 8-5 central)
visit website: http://www.usis.com/commercialservic...on/default.htm
Note: Of Course, You CANNOT get a copy online, you must call OR write them to get a copy of your DAC report.

nickbtubas 09-15-2007 01:00 AM

i believe the only way to get a dac report is to write them and send the appropriate info... to get the address you can call them but wont take orders over the phone

Sizzle 09-24-2007 07:03 PM

D.A.C.

I haven't looked at the website that was provided by the driver above. However, you must submit a written request along with your C.D.L. Number and Social Security Number.

The address is:

U.S.I.S.
Attention: Consumers
P.O. Box 33181
Tulsa, OK 74153

It was ironic because when I had left my company no one had slammed my D.A.C. All the companies couldn't verify my employment because my employer requested payment for that information. No other company wanted to pay so the D.A.C. report was the only way they could verify employment. I had to call the Safety Dept. and ask them to slam my D.A.C. Too funny!!! I would have never done it if someone could have verified employment otherwise. Obviously, an oversight on someone's behalf in Safety!!! I guess I would have a clean D.A.C. if I hadn't called them. SIGH!!! :roll: 8) :)

Zen Road Warrior 09-25-2007 06:41 PM

dac

I've heard if you're late for a load this will show up on the dac. Is this true?

Fredog 09-25-2007 07:57 PM

Re: dac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior
I've heard if you're late for a load this will show up on the dac. Is this true?

NO

Uturn2001 09-25-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Other than safety related information, ie accidents, companies can only place short descriptions in your DAC file. If you get fired for being late too often they might say something like; Terminated: Performance issues or something along those lines, but they are not going to itemize every time you are late on a load.

Also it has been my experience that it takes a lot of tardiness for companies to actually fire a driver for it. The common practice is to starve them out by giving them shorter run with lots of time built into them which cuts into your check so bad that a driver is forced out. Then they just put on your DAC Quit.

BIG JEEP on 44's 09-25-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:

Other than safety related information, ie accidents, companies can only place short descriptions in your DAC file. If you get fired for being late too often they might say something like; Terminated: Performance issues or something along those lines, but they are not going to itemize every time you are late on a load.

Also it has been my experience that it takes a lot of tardiness for companies to actually fire a driver for it. The common practice is to starve them out by giving them shorter run with lots of time built into them which cuts into your check so bad that a driver is forced out. Then they just put on your DAC Quit.

With many of the big carriers how would you know the difference between a good driver that quit and a bad one ?

Sizzle 09-25-2007 11:46 PM

I had friends that didn't give two week notices where I work and they slammed their D.A.C. by saying "Left Involuntarily". Both of them were owed huge sums of money by the company due to breakdowns and long stays in motel rooms which they were not reimbursed for prior to their departures.

Other companies know the company's policy on the way they slam people's D.A.C.s so it didn't matter to either one of them getting hired by other companies. So primarily if you company has a reputation for not being fair to drivers other companies will disregard some of the garbage on the D.A.C.

It always behooves you to try to get some of it off prior to departing your current employer. Someone told me that they are like credit reports once it's on the D.A.C. it's hard to get it off!!! :) 8) :roll:

I also wander how anyone would know that you are a good driver [no service failures] because you certainly can't tell that by looking at a D.A.C. report.

Zen Road Warrior 09-27-2007 04:06 PM

thanx everyone

thanx everyone

TruckerTony 10-03-2007 10:43 PM

I wonder if it is possible to request a copy from your current employer if they ran one before hiring?

Fredog 10-04-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckerTony
I wonder if it is possible to request a copy from your current employer if they ran one before hiring?

My boss pulled one for me. even though he doesnt use it.. companies can get them free on line, but drivers cant.

TonyandDeb 10-17-2007 03:12 PM

i have gotten a copy of my dac, the info on it is vague. companies that use it will ask you to verify the info. and unless you have 1 you can't. if you get terminated you need to get a copy to see if the info is accurate. 1 company told me i was terminated for something, got the dac report and listed something else. i'm in the process of getting it fixed but everything is done by mail no fax's. and if you quit the company you might want to check your report THEY DO MAKE MISTAKES and could screw you.

dealing with it now

10-19-2007 03:24 PM

its really amazing to me how easy it is for a company to put something on there but its so difficult to just get a copy for yourself.....and you would be surprised what can get on there besides saftey issues....I currewntly have an entry on my DAC for complaining to much. Seems that my first dispatcher from my first company didnt like me complaining about sitting for days at a time and running 1400miles a week....he put down on my DAC that I was a habitual complainer, I had to answer to this and explain it when I was getting on with BARR-NUNN....interesting stuff has a way of making it on there

oldrookie 10-20-2007 02:49 PM

Libel

If you have access to a lawyer; as him if such an entry on your dac report is grounds for a libel suit.

Senorjhawk 10-24-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

There is a category that employers may check on the job performance section titled "Late pickup/delivery."

Senorjhawk

oldrookie 10-24-2007 10:02 PM

Is it true?

If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT!

Senorjhawk 10-25-2007 03:38 PM

Re: Is it true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldrookie
If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT!

Agree. If the info is disputed with DAC and they cannot verify the info with the previous employer within 30 days, off it comes.

jamesinge 12-05-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorjhawk
Quote:

Agree. If the info is disputed with DAC and they cannot verify the info with the previous employer within 30 days, off it comes.

Might be a little off on this.

YOU have 30 days to dispute the info. A Problem may not arise for years but after thirty days its on the report forever.
Hence why its so difficult to obtain the report or to keep tabs on it.

Plus most companies will not ever tell you that it was something on your DAc that caused them to not hire you. They will just turn you down and give no reason. If they dont hire you becaue of info on a DAC THEY have to supply you with a copy of the info and jump through hoops allowing you time to dispute
Its far easier to just not return your calls or make up a different reason to not hire you.

Its a huge racket and a closed doors network.

oldrookie 12-05-2007 01:42 PM

DAC report

Applying for work has gotten yo be a real pain. After I wrote that I mailed a request for my report. It took about 3 weeks. The fact that you have to mail for it at all tells me they don't want you to have it. I guess your only real defense is to periodically send off for it. That and suck up if you have a suck employer. The REAL answer is to get some experience and go to work for a GOOD company. In other words get out of the truckload end of the profession. There ARE better deals out there. You have to actively look for them.

Senorjhawk 12-05-2007 03:02 PM

[quote="jamesinge"][quote="Senorjhawk"]
Quote:

If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT

Might be a little off on this.

YOU have 30 days to dispute the info. A Problem may not arise for years but after thirty days its on the report forever.
Hence why its so difficult to obtain the report or to keep tabs on it.

We may be saying the same thing, but just to make sure. Drivers may dispute any information on their report regardless of when it came to DAC or how long it's been there. Example: employer reports info to DAC Jan 2005, driver finds out Jan 2006, gets around to disputing in Jan 2007. DAC has 30 days from the day of receipt of the dispute to verify the info with the past employer. If they cannot do it. the information comes off, sometime in Feb of 2007. Incidentally, even if the information does not come off, drivers have the right to submit a rebuttal that provides their version of events.

Needless to say, and I think this was your point, the sooner you discover, dispute, correct or rebut infomration on the DAC, the better.

Ridge Runner 12-05-2007 03:14 PM

You are correct! Reguardless of how long the information has been on your DAC, once you dispute it, they MUST verify the entry. If it is not verfied in 30 days it MUST be removed from your record. If it is not verified and it is still on your record then you have legal grounds for suite. If it is verified and wrong then you also have legel recourse.

If DAC says it was verified ask for names, dates, copys, ect..... of who verified the entry. They MUST provide you with that information or face stiff penatlies.

wimpy 12-16-2007 11:12 PM

DAC

Does anybody know if it costs anything to receive your DAC report, and does it show up on your DAC that you have checked your DAC status??? You guys got me curious now on whats on mine.

Rokk 12-17-2007 12:20 AM

its $8 USD and a photocopy of your CDL and SSN card along with the written request.

Senorjhawk 12-17-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokk
its $8 USD and a photocopy of your CDL and SSN card along with the written request.

You can also get one free copy per year. Call them at 800-331-9175 to request. You will have to mail in your ID.

If you're in a hurry, these guys www.dotjobhistory.com get your driving record, criminal record database scan and if you give them authorization, they will get your DAC via computer much faster.

Sizzle 12-26-2007 02:16 PM

Free DAC

Tthe address that I said to write to sent me my DAC for free. I didn't check out the website addresses that other drivers provided but mine was free!!! :) 8)

mbadriver 01-01-2008 09:03 PM

People worry too much about DACs.

Consider the routine TELEPHONE call for employment verification:

All you are going to get is the DOH and DOS. They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.

Now consider, if a company will not divulge anything of substance on a telephone call - why in tarnation would ANYONE think they are going to put it in WRITING.

Quote:

Uturn2001 01-01-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.
When one trucking company calls another for employment verification both companies are required by law to provide employment dates, safety information, and any information pertaining to negative drug screens.

In addition to this, many states have passed laws where they (past employers) can pretty much say anything about a past employee so long as they can prove it.

mbadriver 01-02-2008 12:00 AM

Employment Dates - Objective Information
Drug Screens - Objective Information and a matter of statute.
Safety Information - Gray area. He had an accident on xx/xx/200x, police report on file is ok. Overspeed via qualcomm 70% of the time, didn't maintain 3 points of contact entering or egressing the cab - that would not be ok.

Saying what you can prove is still a dicey proposition and is not recommended. You can easily fall into the blurry line of perception and opinion. HR doesn't want the hassle (or expense) of proving something a grunt dispatcher - oops I mean Driver Manager - said during a harried moment.

You are dealing with an industry that has 100% turnover and "supervisors" that have 40+ direct reports. DAC gives the employers a chance to prescreen information and dump it to a central repository. It is plain vanilla and designed to keep the company's a$$ out of court.

If the dispatcher liked the driver and they actually had some personal contact the dispatcher may add a few cliches - nice guy, great guy, hate to see him leave, blah, blah.

If it's just another driver on the board, it's going to be a conversation with Detective Sergeant Joe Friday.

Trucker's sure are a paranoid bunch :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:

They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.
When one trucking company calls another for employment verification both companies are required by law to provide employment dates, safety information, and any information pertaining to negative drug screens.

In addition to this, many states have passed laws where they (past employers) can pretty much say anything about a past employee so long as they can prove it.

mbadriver 01-28-2008 02:39 AM

I signed up for dotjobhistory. I think they are a bit of a rip-off. Been waiting a couple weeks for the DAC report. Still nothing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorjhawk
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokk

You can also get one free copy per year. Call them at 800-331-9175 to request. You will have to mail in your ID.

If you're in a hurry, these guys www.dotjobhistory.com get your driving record, criminal record database scan and if you give them authorization, they will get your DAC via computer much faster.

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-05-2008 07:00 PM

Back a few weeks ago I went to orientation ,and they give you a copy of your current DAC/USIS report , so you can "accurately" fill out you application form ...I was surpised to see my file is very clean ..The Big Blue only put on my DAc that I was discharged ,and am eligeable for rehire ,and that's it ...As for incidents Werner does not report non-ptreventable to DAC/USIS ...And they do not report UNDERTERMIMED incidents ,so I had 1 at fault parking lot non dot preventable with no damages over a year ago that is the only incident on my DAC ...And the Undertermined incident that never happened that I'm trying to get werner to remove from their personal file on me is not reported to DAC/USIS ...I have to say the only problem I ever had with Werner was the dispatcher I got when I came from 11 western to 48 state ,and he tried to drive my truck from his keyboard ,and instead of insisting on a new DM we just bickered over Sh$T ,which resulted in a decline in my attitude /performance leading to my discharge , Which is technically my fault as I was capable of realizing I was never going to get along with my DM ,and should have kicked him to the curb rather than argue like a child ...Heck if I could get a good DM like I had on 11 western ,and get on a good dedicated account I'd go back to Werner ...

mbadriver 02-09-2008 09:01 PM

Finally got my DAC report. Roehl didn't put anything on it - nothing. Schneider put down that I quit. Falcon had resigned, eligible for rehire.

The funny part of the report is the inquiries. Literally hundreds!! For each company inquiry there are 3 entries. 1. Previous employers. 2. Criminal background. 3. Failed drug tests. Frankly, I never knew I applied at that many companies!! Must be why I get all them "unknown" calls on my cell phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Back a few weeks ago I went to orientation ,and they give you a copy of your current DAC/USIS report , so you can "accurately" fill out you application form ...I was surpised to see my file is very clean ..The Big Blue only put on my DAc that I was discharged ,and am eligeable for rehire ,and that's it ...As for incidents Werner does not report non-ptreventable to DAC/USIS ...And they do not report UNDERTERMIMED incidents ,so I had 1 at fault parking lot non dot preventable with no damages over a year ago that is the only incident on my DAC ...And the Undertermined incident that never happened that I'm trying to get werner to remove from their personal file on me is not reported to DAC/USIS ...I have to say the only problem I ever had with Werner was the dispatcher I got when I came from 11 western to 48 state ,and he tried to drive my truck from his keyboard ,and instead of insisting on a new DM we just bickered over Sh$T ,which resulted in a decline in my attitude /performance leading to my discharge , Which is technically my fault as I was capable of realizing I was never going to get along with my DM ,and should have kicked him to the curb rather than argue like a child ...Heck if I could get a good DM like I had on 11 western ,and get on a good dedicated account I'd go back to Werner ...

ogre999 02-17-2008 05:18 PM

Re: dac report info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog

Note: Of Course, You CANNOT get a copy online, you must call OR write them to get a copy of your DAC report.

cant get that link to go through ...got another ?

Thanks
Shawn(Ogre)

Fredog 02-17-2008 06:15 PM

Re: dac report info

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog

cant get that link to go through ...got another ?

Thanks
Shawn(Ogre)

try this one
http://www.usis.com/industries/indus...on_market.aspx

ogre999 02-17-2008 08:14 PM

Yep That one worked ...thanks !

Shawn

Piece Of Work 03-22-2008 01:43 AM

Hey all, did you ever hear about the Commercial Truck Drivers Legal Plan? I got it so I can defend myself from the DOT out-of-state tickets and offenses. Drop me a line if anyone wants more info.

Kurbski 04-11-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piece Of Work
Hey all, did you ever hear about the Commercial Truck Drivers Legal Plan? I got it so I can defend myself from the DOT out-of-state tickets and offenses. Drop me a line if anyone wants more info.

And how much are you paying CAD to advertise on their site?

Manicmechnic 04-15-2008 12:58 PM

Many truckers have contacted Kevin Watts from www.thetruckersreport.com regarding problems with their DAC employment report and the un-fairness in this reporting. This report can gravely affect a driver with his/her career. They are undoubtedly very secretive in this practice.

There is NO law stating that IF turned down for a job they have a right to receive and review this information as is the case when turned down for credit (that we are aware of). Often times trucking companies submit false or deceiving information which the driver has no idea exists.

It is difficult to receive this report and trucking companies will NOT give it and are NOT forced to give this report to a prospective employee. Contact info for obtaining your report is listed below. Trucking companies can use this report as a tool to "get revenge" on a driver who has quit them for whatever reason.

We feel this system has to be more OPEN and trucking companies should be forced by Congress to supply EVERY potential employee with a copy of this DAC report or at the very least IF the driver is turned down for ANY reason.

I think we all should call, write and email your Congressman, Senator and your Govonor.

kc0iv 04-16-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manicmechnic
Many truckers have contacted Kevin Watts from www.thetruckersreport.com regarding problems with their DAC employment report and the un-fairness in this reporting. This report can gravely affect a driver with his/her career. They are undoubtedly very secretive in this practice.

There is NO law stating that IF turned down for a job they have a right to receive and review this information as is the case when turned down for credit (that we are aware of). Often times trucking companies submit false or deceiving information which the driver has no idea exists.

It is difficult to receive this report and trucking companies will NOT give it and are NOT forced to give this report to a prospective employee. Contact info for obtaining your report is listed below. Trucking companies can use this report as a tool to "get revenge" on a driver who has quit them for whatever reason.

We feel this system has to be more OPEN and trucking companies should be forced by Congress to supply EVERY potential employee with a copy of this DAC report or at the very least IF the driver is turned down for ANY reason.

I think we all should call, write and email your Congressman, Senator and your Govonor.

Here is the information for getting your DAC report or if you believe information in your report is incomplete or inaccurate. http://www.usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx

In addition DAC (USIS) fall under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

kc0iv

Holeshot 05-13-2008 03:52 PM

Does anyone know how long information stored within a DAC report is kept on file? Does the report go back to your first DAC-reportable company or just ten years?

WAVP375 05-26-2008 10:16 PM

http://www.usis.com/product_details/...tory_File.aspx