Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   dac report info (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29541-dac-report-info.html)

Malaki86 07-16-2008 01:09 AM

I just had USIS send me the paperwork to get a copy of my DAC. In the paperwork, it says that you are entitled to a free report from them every 12 months.

hewithoutname 08-16-2008 01:05 AM

I look at 10-20 DAC reports every day during the hiring process at my company. Despite all the paranoia surrounding DAC reports I can tell you that they are seldom "trashed", or "slammed", or "burned", etc. In my many years of being directly involved in the hiring process what I know for CERTAIN is that those who have "bad" reports generally have a consistent pattern over several carriers. These patterns are things such as late deliveries, or quit under dispatch, or excessive complaints, or abandoned at unathorized location, or company policy violation, etc....you get the idea. Many drivers will try to convince you that even though they were a "perfect" employee, for some inexplicable reason their company just decided for no good reason to leave poor work history data on their DAC. Give me a break. I'm not here to debate each and every DAC case, but for those of you visiting this forum to find information about DAC reports and what they contain, let me give you some good advice. If you do the right thing and don't quit under a load, don't abandon the truck, don't complain and yell at your dispatcher every day, don't violate company policies by installing inverters or taking unauthorized passengers simply because you think the policies aren't right even though you knew what they were when you accepted the job, then you will have nothing to worry about, period. Many, many drivers have very good DAC reports because they follow the rules. When I review an app for a potential new hire I'm not as concerned about how many jobs they've had as I am about what they did at those jobs. Follow the rules, be a man and leave on good terms and your DAC report can become your best friend when it comes time to getting that job you're looking for!

GMAN 08-24-2008 01:28 PM

You have a right to see a copy of your DAC. Most carriers are not going to report false information to them. In fact, carriers are somewhat limited as to what they can put in a driver's file. There are some drivers who are protected by their bad behavior because not all carriers subscribe to DAC. Carriers must subscribe in order to be able to report to them.

belpre122 09-22-2008 08:07 PM

Here is a copy of Page 1 of my DAC report, received in the mail today.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l.../dacreport.jpg

GMAN 10-05-2008 02:19 PM

So your real name is Coleen Nichols? And all this time I thought you were a guy, belpre.

belpre122 10-05-2008 10:32 PM

What would make you think that GMAN?:cool:

headborg 10-05-2008 11:20 PM

Actor: Coleen Nichols

Is the person requesting the DAC or Pulling the Information at DAC.

Not sure which it is... they are Acting on the request.

All we know from that is Belpre122 has a G initial
and worked for CRST for 6 months , review required before passing back over that Bridge, and had
0 accidents while there.

I'm going to post all 12 pages of my DAC over at my site. They got a lot information, besides just who you worked for. They got every name of every company you ever contacted, all your drug screen info, even consumer credit info. Even your TSA haz-mat clearance info on there.

flyinphoenix 11-12-2008 03:14 AM

Don't worry about DAC till you get out there?

As a non professinal driver, why would you even be worried about your DAC? If your woory, then we don't need you out here,....think about that!!!!

headborg 11-14-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinphoenix (Post 422889)
As a non professinal driver, why would you even be worried about your DAC? If your woory, then we don't need you out here,....think about that!!!!

whatever,

Guess you love the Patriot Act too

and probably never hear of McCarthy -- Communist witch hunt

or BLACK LISTS..

When a few people set in JUDGEMENT of Who's Professional or NOT-- based on information( which is provided... ONLY after an employee quits or is terminated) or by someone who figures " if you're professional- you have nothing to worry about " and therefore anyone "worried" about their DAC must be unprofessional-- is simply nieve

How about credit scores/files.... Oh I pay my bills on time, so I have nothing to worry about. Right? Meanwhile, some on steals your I.D. or uses your name-- and then YOU have to spend time/money fighting to get all that fixed.

See, if DAC was required to be set up so as ... every employer had to submit quarterly reports on DRIVERs-- it would be different-- it would paint a much more HONeST picture of professional drivers-- and much harder for an employer to explain WHY they continued to employ someone that was SO UNPROFESSIONAL for soooo long.

GMAN 12-07-2008 01:13 PM

While it sounds good that a carrier make quarterly reports to DAC, it would be very costly to implement. I am not sure it would make that much difference. Carriers use DAC as part of the hiring process. It is a quick way to do a check on potential hires. It is not the only tool used. I don't particularly like DAC or the way carriers must report on drivers. I have had some inaccuracies on my DAC, but it hasn't hurt my ability to work. I have an excellent work history and were I to want to go to work for another carrier I don't think that I would have a problem going with any carrier I choose.

WHLSOFSTL726012 02-21-2009 05:30 PM

werner / dac reports

yeah werners good for throwin stuff on dacs that dont belong there. i reported a trailer damage that a lumper in rochester caused, it was a presealed trailer so i couldnt pretrip the inside of it.......it went on my report.

Windwalker 02-28-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 416997)
What would make you think that GMAN?:cool:

Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.

Cluggy619 04-02-2009 04:24 PM

It's rather funny that so many companies will pay for a DAC report before hiring a driver, but never submit one when the driver leaves.

Me, being a job hopper, have worked for several companies over the years, but only a few reported to DAC.

I also have a couple of companies that I never work for report to DAC. It's usually because I went to orientation, or I turned down their offer of employment for something better.

Any ideals as to why they report like that?

Fredog 04-03-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 440626)
Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.

I dated a really short woman once, but I had to break up with her, she kept sticking her nose in my business

Cluggy619 04-21-2009 05:44 AM

Well, after mailing my request for my DAC report over 2 weeks ago, I still don't have it.

It is totally unfair that a company can get your DAC report within 24-48 hours, if it even takes that long, but a driver get's screwed around when they request their own DAC report.

WTF does it take to get my own DAC report?

Does anyone know of a good, cheap, site where a driver can order it?

And forget that Untitled Page site...it just transfer you to this site : Motor Vehicle Records Checks

And it so confusing, you can't just order your DAC report.

This is total BS. There are laws that protect people's credit report, there should be some laws protecting drivers' right to obtain their own DAC report. We, as drivers, should be able to obtain our own DAC report as quick as the companies do.

That's all I want. Just some fairness in retrieving the report. Because we all know that fighting them is next to impossible.

Senorjhawk 05-06-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holeshot (Post 381805)
Does anyone know how long information stored within a DAC report is kept on file? Does the report go back to your first DAC-reportable company or just ten years?

Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

geargrinder 05-11-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorjhawk (Post 449251)
Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

Like cluggy I have went through quite a few companies. The DAC stuff is all pretty innocuous. dates, satisfactory, review before rehire. Of course, I don't go around smashing up peoples equipment and then say, it was like that when I got it.

The trick is to quit before they find out about your bad habits:lol2:

bigtruckman 05-15-2009 01:39 PM

well let me ask you guys these, what would bar other companies from looking at you once they find out that there is a backing incident on your record say you have three two with minimal paint transfer and one with no damage but the company has them listed as undetermined? :confused:

bigtruckman 05-15-2009 01:56 PM

big jeep did big blue remove your undetermained from dac? i have two non preventable parking lot incidents and they have them lisited as undetermained not sure if they are on my dac are not but when this new company i want to go with called them big blue told them about them but gave them no info on the incidents.

dle 06-19-2009 03:22 AM

Don't know if this was posted, but here is the web address for getting the DAC report

USIS | Consumers - Information for Consumers

cmarquardt 07-14-2009 05:00 PM

maybe somone can answer this for me. I was working for Central Refrigeration and it seems that us newbies sometimes gets ourselves in a bind. I sure did....

I have three things that I feel shouldn't be on my dac, but they are,

I ran over someone's yard backing out of a tight spot, and since my trainer wouldn't let me do the backing I had a hard time in figuring out what to do in the situation, the owner called central complained, I have gone back several times and asked the person if they needed any help in taking care of the yard, they have informed me there is no damage and thanked me for asking, well that is on my dac as a preventable accident/incident with damaged equipment/property

the second one is where I was backing up and had to get very close to a curb and I ended up curbing the tire which resulted in having someone come out and fix the tire, that is on there as a non-preventable accident

the third is where someone crossed in to my lane and hit my mirror while going down the road they have it as a non-preventable accident sideswipe merging

then what gets me most of all is that they have me a a late pick up/delivery, hmm if you get loads late because the dispatcher gives you a load late you can't help it and they know this you have to have it all documented on your quall comm then They were giving me team miles when I wasn't a team any longer, boy did that hurt me.

I know if a company doesn't look at my dac but my mvr only I can get a job, but if they look at both they don't want to touch me

I also have two tickets I recieved recently one in the truck and one in my personal car. (I know these two items were not needed at all)

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful in how to fix this and where to look for work. I have been off work for two weeks and need to get back on the road.

zipy46 07-14-2009 05:07 PM

If you are terminated for 'service failures' it may show up on your DAC as

'ineligible for rehire'

..Which is not a good reference :thumbsdown:

Maverick65619 08-02-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619 (Post 447319)
Well, after mailing my request for my DAC report over 2 weeks ago, I still don't have it.

It is totally unfair that a company can get your DAC report within 24-48 hours, if it even takes that long, but a driver get's screwed around when they request their own DAC report.

WTF does it take to get my own DAC report?

Does anyone know of a good, cheap, site where a driver can order it?

And forget that Untitled Page site...it just transfer you to this site : Motor Vehicle Records Checks

And it so confusing, you can't just order your DAC report.

This is total BS. There are laws that protect people's credit report, there should be some laws protecting drivers' right to obtain their own DAC report. We, as drivers, should be able to obtain our own DAC report as quick as the companies do.

That's all I want. Just some fairness in retrieving the report. Because we all know that fighting them is next to impossible.

Just wondering if you ever did get your DAC report and how long did it take?

OceanKayak 10-05-2009 11:31 PM

DAC relies on the percentages of uneducated people driving trucks as a way of enforcing a industry.

Wake up people.

freebirdrfd 10-05-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanKayak (Post 464563)
DAC relies on the percentages of uneducated people driving trucks as a way of enforcing a industry.

Wake up people.

For somebody that joined this forum over 2 and a half years ago, you picked a hell of a reply for your first post. :pissedoff:

topset 12-01-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 464567)
For somebody that joined this forum over 2 and a half years ago, you picked a hell of a reply for your first post. :pissedoff:

seriously....wtf???

jburd 12-07-2009 11:55 PM

I got this from Swift when I asked.
HireRight DAC Trucking

AsphaltVoyager 05-09-2010 03:34 AM

One small point you're missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver (Post 342203)
People worry too much about DACs.

Consider the routine TELEPHONE call for employment verification:

All you are going to get is the DOH and DOS. They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.

Now consider, if a company will not divulge anything of substance on a telephone call - why in tarnation would ANYONE think they are going to put it in WRITING.

Whether there is legal risk or not is determined only by whether you can get the company you're applying with to be open about who they spoke to at your old company, and that's only IF the prospective company will give you a reason you're not hired. Most times, as has already been pointed out, you're not going to get a real reason you've been turned down for the job. And those phone calls to old employers? They're not being recorded, so the old employer can tell the prospective one anything they want, whether they can prove it or not and you'll never be the wiser. So, you won't have any opportunity to sue the old employer for defamation or libel. The new company isn't going to tell you that you got a bad rap from your ex-employer because that would mean someone from their company would have to come in for a court case and testify to what they'd been told on the phone. It wastes THEIR time and puts them in a bad light with the old company, which could be counter-productive business-wise. So, you get nothing -- no reply, no reason.... zip.

Just because someone makes a law doesn't mean that people will obey it, or even the spirit of it. Age discrimination in hiring is illegal, but is the most frequently ignored law on the books. It may as well not even exist, for all companies care. But, try to prove it and you'll be throwing good money away needlessly.

Road82 07-20-2010 05:07 PM

For Free!

You can get your DAC report for Free. No gimmics, no spam, no bullcrap. iI wrote a blog post about it here. Truck Driver Blog: How to get your DAC report for free.

carolinacopilot 11-10-2010 08:40 PM

late

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior (Post 313129)
I've heard if you're late for a load this will show up on the dac. Is this true?

Never heard of this one- some things are just out of your control- but been OOS since Feb. when my driver died. Nothing would surprise me tho.

carolinacopilot 11-10-2010 08:46 PM

Ouch! I have heard bad things about Central but never worked for them. U do have some things and companies are getting tighter with their hiring. Good luck with your endeavors. Don't know where u are located- I know of a couple of companies- my email should be listed- somewhere in here! I am a rookie here- not to the road.

topset 02-13-2011 02:55 PM

use this link

Request a Copy of Your HireRight Consumer or DAC Report

Dooubles1955 04-27-2011 12:06 AM

You can call them (800)381-0654

One 06-30-2011 10:41 PM

Just ask the company you applied to for a copy or have them tall you what is on it..I have found many recruiters will take a minute to give you that info.
Dac operates in a loophole of the law, it claims to be a credit reporting agency and is governed by the same laws. If anything is on there that you do not like, just dispute it- if the company wants to bother with proving the info, then so be it, if not-its gone! Just be selective as to what you dispute so you do not have helpful things deleted like that you worked for xyz company atall...

belpre122 02-16-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One (Post 499549)
Dac operates in a loophole of the law, it claims to be a credit reporting agency and is governed by the same laws. If anything is on there that you do not like, just dispute it- if the company wants to bother with proving the info, then so be it, if not-its gone! Just be selective as to what you dispute so you do not have helpful things deleted like that you worked for xyz company atall...

That point needs to be reiterated. Excellent information.

Hey Cowboys! He's right!

Take a moment and check out the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Wermer

"But it's better than driving OTR!" Belpre122

Fair Credit Reporting Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

belpre122 04-13-2013 03:21 AM

U.S. Xpress settles for $2.75 million in lawsuit over background checks

"violated the Fair Credit and Reporting Act"

Land Line Magazine: The Business Magazine for Professional Truckers

Copyright © OOIDA

belpre122 04-13-2013 07:04 AM

(CRST) A settlement will provide $4,250,000.00 to pay claims.........

"The settlement resolves a lawsuit about whether CRST violated the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”)"

Bruce White et al v. CRST, Inc., Case No. 1:11-CV-2615

beachbumb 09-22-2013 02:05 AM

I would like to say that a bad dac is not the end to your career.I have lied my ass off and have been hired.Some companies are fricken evil so they will slander us and we have to lie.most of that **** aint no one's business anyway..beware of companies who offer you an application which is titled "hire right" you can be sure they'll run dac.heres the thing drivers..be honest off the record if ya can be.everyone knows the evil in trucking.i was just fired for getting sick with a bad colon when i couldnt drive and admitted to the hospital here in phoenix.and when i got out 7 days later the company tried to withhold my pay.i was only able to retrieve 80 dollars so far from 700 that they owed.i have never been late of had any problem with them.trust me trucking companies can be vicious

beachbumb 09-22-2013 02:06 AM

wtf someone put rookie on my thread haha i been out here 21 years young stud

beachbumb 09-22-2013 02:09 AM

hey any large company will dac your ass.and if ya get too much you will be blackballed.its all about the insurance companies running the show.they dont care its discusting.if i were you id be fricken careful and then get out of any company who runs dac its all bs