Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   The Driver and The Employer, Basic Job Hunting Skills (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/26892-driver-employer-basic-job-hunting-skills.html)

castlecreator 03-04-2008 10:17 PM

Re: The Driver and The Employer, Basic Job Hunting Skills

Hey Roadhog,

I'm new on here and trying to decide about Roadmaster, or signing with a company like Pumpkin or Conay, but anyways... that was some awsome information and will help many out!!

Thanks
Eddie

Roadhog 03-05-2008 10:51 PM

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and10/29-1.gif
...and thank you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.
Enjoy the forums.
...Hog

kahlana 04-07-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre999
Quote:

Originally Posted by kahlana
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre999
Man ... I guess I feel kinda silly cause since I decided to do this its kinda like being a little kid all over again ...
and I just feel like stompin my foot and sayin " I just wanna be a truck driver !!!!" stomp stomp stomp ...

boy oh boy do i know how you feel there....sigh

"are you Uhhhh Mocking me ?" ... Buzz Lightyear :lol:

Nope.. not at all.. now that i have found out that my ex-husband is in jail for domestic violence and drug pssoession i have to get my 15 year old daughter out of Alaska and that means putting my trucking school stuff on hold... so i am very very bummed about not getting to get things going right now but my daughter is way more important so i can put things off for a little while for her.

Trukrswyfe 04-07-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahlana
Nope.. not at all.. now that i have found out that my ex-husband is in jail for domestic violence and drug pssoession i have to get my 15 year old daughter out of Alaska and that means putting my trucking school stuff on hold... so i am very very bummed about not getting to get things going right now but my daughter is way more important so i can put things off for a little while for her.

sorry to hear about your delay but glad to hear that you are there for your daughter sounds like she needs you. Hope everything goes well and both of you are back on track,
I have always wanted to see Alaska, is it really as beautiful as Men in Trees makes it seem.

I have friends and they say it is pretty swampy in places, not sure if you know what Alaska is like.

Best of luck with your travel and your daughter hope she is OK.

DDCavi 04-14-2008 05:19 PM

This thread gets a standing ovation from myself. I havent started school yet but I already feel more at peace with my choice.

pd 04-24-2008 03:59 AM

Thanks for the original post Roadhog, and all of the other contributors that have added to the thread. I've just gotten my Class A and am searching for that first seat and this info is proving to be very valuable.

EagleAce 05-08-2008 09:27 PM

I got my class A in January. I didn't hit the road right after school because I was planning on getting a driving job with my current company, but right after I got my license they changed their policy on new drivers :x They used to train people for the passenger endorsement which is required to drive for them as most of the jobs are shuttle buses, but they are no longer authorized by the DMV to train people. I've applied with GTI and they want me to take a refresher course since I haven't been in a truck since school. Stevens denied my app and couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me why. They say they get 200+ apps a day.

thanks roadhog for the great info! :D

bailie23 07-24-2008 05:18 PM

No Accident on MVR but on my DAC Report

How do I tell a potential employer about an accident I was involved in. I did not receive a citation nor a ticket for this accident. The accident is now six months old, but is not on my mvr nor on the mvr for the dac report. It just states I have one preventable accident and it does not list the city or state it took place in. Nor does anywhere say I was at fault. I am a new driver with six month experience.

Can some one please help me. I did loose my job, but not over the accident, it was over parking on the on-ramp.

Thanks

Casey :oops:

EagleAce 07-25-2008 03:50 AM

:D I finished training w/ GTI last week and get my own truck tomorrow!!

fruitloop 07-26-2008 09:42 PM

wow, that was a wonderful post
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I drive whenever and go where ever and with ... giggles