Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   The Driver and The Employer, Basic Job Hunting Skills (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/26892-driver-employer-basic-job-hunting-skills.html)

rapatorr 07-12-2009 03:14 AM

Thanx

This is helpful information, the reason being is that I recently graduated from a driving school and for the last 3 months I've been looking for a job to no avail.
By reading the bulletin I learned a little bit more of what to expect from companies and waht not.
Thanks again man

Criss 07-31-2009 04:32 AM

The best post

You can read an d you can learn from this post. I am very impress.

catlover 08-03-2009 02:55 PM

the driver and the employer, basic job hunting skills

very good post, this information should be used for all job's that you apply for.

lovely09 09-02-2009 02:27 AM

It is actually applicable to any job.Many employer opens up an opportunity of work but it will also depend on the applicant.There are basic like mention of resume,experience or work history and expertise of skills.A person must have these qualities to be hire as an employee or driver.

lovely09 12-09-2009 11:27 AM

I like the way you characterized them as good drivers should be hired.Drivers somehow handle the life of his passenger along the road while driving.They should be responsible,well trained and completely good drivers.

brian roberts 03-12-2011 07:12 PM

:banghead: Is it that hard to earn a living if you are a team player? Everyone makes it seem near impossible to make a living driving a truck.:banghead:

crxbrad 06-23-2011 11:12 PM

Thanks Roadhog, I'm leaving 28 years in the financial services to try this, much of what you said is common sence to me BUT when it comes to the Trucking Industry stuff I'm getting bombarded. I'll suck it up and try it for a year. Oh by the way, I know many people said I was crazy but to stay in the financial industry was insane - bit of a culture shock and probably half the income... but what the hell, ya only live once.

Jayhop 02-02-2012 03:27 PM

Thanks for a very informative post and thread...

1 Attachment(s)
I'm starting school next week and getting pre-hire interviews right now. I'm so glad I found this post.
It really makes me feel better prepared for the days ahead!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1008[/ATTACH]

ftracker 02-16-2012 08:48 AM

I agree with these important points.It is the responsibility of every truck driver to follow these points.
Thanks

gonzotrucker 02-18-2012 04:29 PM

All the better paying companys Wal-mart, Walgreens, Roadway, Frito Lay, Etc, Etc. Will only hire you with a good driving record and job history. Protect your cdl, dont job jump and get some experience then apply for one these better paying companys. Or continue to work for low wages it's your choice. The future of the Trucking industry will be so strict that only the best will have a job worth a damm. The rest will continue to work for low wages because that's the only job they can get.