Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Winter (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/21218-winter.html)

COLT 11-25-2006 01:27 PM

Lady North's neighborhood, 10 degrees colder yet! -37c -35f good day to stay home :wink:

LadyNorthStar 11-25-2006 03:01 PM

Id be truckin if it wasn't a day off. The joy of hauling groceries. -45 windchill too.

I prefer this to the long range forecast. Above zero and rain Whitehorse all the way down to Fort Nelson. Enough to make my stomach turn.

COLT 11-25-2006 03:14 PM

Frozen food no doubt, how can I post more than 1 pic on one post? It wont warm up that much, they all ways threaten us with that.

COLT 11-25-2006 06:35 PM

I was just thinking about who hauls the groceries up to those towns north of FT. Simpson? That is a challenging road... North of Wrigley, it's 2 sets m/t or loaded, "winter road" ONLY open in the winter. It's really only a 1 lane trail... big hills... then you see a nice expensive bridge? And down the road you see a normal hwy sign, like (Norman Wells 245 km) It's weird. Beautiful country tho. It's a government road, even tho it looks like a pipeline right of way :?

COLT 11-25-2006 06:40 PM

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ummit-k-44.jpg

LadyNorthStar 11-25-2006 09:54 PM

Who you haulin to Colt? My Uncle works for Ensign. (sp?)

See the long range forecast? Warm as all hell and wet. It's gonna get uuuuugly!

You should be able to just post your links to your photos. Paste one link, enter, paste link, enter...etc.

COLT 11-25-2006 11:51 PM

Ensign sp. o.k. :D Ensign what #, What is his job? I need a rig # Yah, I left click the url to highlight it , right click copy, then paste here. Who hauls the groceries up into the N.W.T.

LadyNorthStar 11-26-2006 12:36 AM

Uhm, we haul to Yellowknife. Northwest Transport and Qlamik are a couple that come to mind for Inuvik.

I'll find out his rig #.

As for the pic posting, just keep pasting the pic links till you got all that u want up.

LadyNorthStar 11-26-2006 03:10 PM

Ok I can relax a bit now, Fridays high has already gone from +1 to -24.

24 below, now thats good truckin!

Yanke_driver 11-26-2006 11:54 PM

Chilly night here in Saskatoon, supposed to hit 30 below zero tonight

yoopr 11-27-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanke_driver
Chilly night here in Saskatoon, supposed to hit 30 below zero tonight

Yeah and we're supposed to get it around Wednesday
Thought I had enough firewood for the winter but I've burned more than I thought I would already-Get some More :oops:

COLT 11-27-2006 01:01 AM

Freakin cold here, -35c -31f any way you slice it... it's cold! I wish I had a "sniffer" Something to pour airbrake antifreeze into, haven't had a prob yet... just a matter of time... Not "my" regular truck, I shouldn't have to get to serious with it. I took a pic of Sundogs today... not good pics, I should post something from the net... on the pic thread? Stay warm L.N.

LadyNorthStar 11-27-2006 06:13 AM

I saw (noticed) my first sun dog today, I'd seen them before but didn't really think they had a name till I saw some yukoners blog talking about them.

Forecast is back to nasty again. Warm as hell.

We've requested sniffers on our new trucks. So tired of no trailer brakes. :roll: Some bugger brought me a trailer the other day that wouldn't air up. (suspension) Man my truck was buckin! Half a jug of airline antifreeze and about 3 hours later...all of a sudden...ooo we have air.

LadyNorthStar 11-27-2006 06:15 AM

Ahh my mom just replied, here is what she said about my Uncle....

"Rig # 87 is his rig...but if it doesn't fire up soon he will go on another one. He is the driller!"

COLT 11-27-2006 09:30 AM

Ensign 87,o.k. Everything runs on air switches, pto, valves etc... When it's snowing, I warm my brakes to melt the ice off my drums. Driving off road, not much, if any plowing. I've come up to stop signs with 90lbs on the brakes, still rolling :shock: I went in to work sunday morning, no steam coming out of my stacks, Huh? Truck was still warm, one tank m/t other tank 1/2 full. Vent was plugged, seen a fuel truck loading on the way to work, drove up to him and told him to load alittle extra for me :D Cat engines have a hand pump on the block, no problem... pump wouldn't work... Had to get a mech. out of bed to get a new pump out of parts, secret out. :oops: Ensign 87 was drilling around here...

COLT 11-29-2006 12:10 AM

From this morning... -40c = -40f http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...7/therm-39.jpg

geomon 11-29-2006 12:28 AM

Dang....that's some serious cold!!

Just putting my beer near my computer monitor with a view of that temperature guage kept it cold... :D

COLT 11-29-2006 12:55 AM

I'M glad to help :wink:

LadyNorthStar 11-29-2006 02:33 AM

-55 at Braeburn just outside Whitehorse yesterday. :P

COLT 11-29-2006 03:14 AM

-55 O.K. THATS ENOUGH! :lol: IT'S still fall....

Useless 11-29-2006 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLT

COLT!!!

I know a very highly educated Meteorologist who lives up your way. Actually, he happens to be a Russian dude by the name of Dr. Frazier Ballzhoff, Ph.D.!!!!!!

COLT 11-29-2006 03:30 AM

:lol: What was your point, Useless :lol: I wear long johns... :shock:Dr. Frazier Ballzhoff, Ph.D.!!!!!!