User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Time

I have a driver at my dock door that says he ran out of time and can not disconnect until tomorrow. I need to offload the trailer asap and Swift will not let their drivers hand over the keys. Any Suggetions?
Old 05-29-2017, 01:52 PM

technically the driver is right!
Maybe a towin driver could be of help?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiiper951 View Post
I have a driver at my dock door that says he ran out of time and can not disconnect until tomorrow. I need to offload the trailer asap and Swift will not let their drivers hand over the keys. Any Suggetions?
he should have never been allowed to dock in the first place.

call the cops, have him physically removed form the property.

if swift does not cooperate, tow the darned rig.

now why do i respond the way i did..??

i worked as a yardman for 3 years at a corrugated box manufacturer. BY town ordinances, NO TRUCKS were allowed on thew property until the appointment time, then THE YAHD TO LEAVE ASAP.

what you say to me Mr.Dribber..??

you can't cooperate with me..??

hello, 911, i got a trucker illegally parked on my property.

wanna see 3 squad cars show up?

wanna see that dumb arse trucker comply with me, the yard boss..?????

then too, an immediate phone call to his company.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Board Icon

With us, the driver is wrong. We are allowed to pull off the dock, even as off duty so long as we don't move more than a mile down the road. If we have to go more than a mile down the road, call in, explain what is going on and move to the closest "safe location" to legally re-park. At worst, we get a very tiny slap on the wrist, at best, we are told don't worry about it. I almost have had to call in a few times. My last store was considered a no park store and my clock was running really tight, luckily they got me unloaded in a few minutes and I flat booked, 63 mph booked, to the closest store we are allowed to park at just as my clock was hitting zero and punching off duty.

We have had several OTR guys come help recently on our dedicated account pull this stunt of saying out of hours can't move. Dude, your parked in the dock area, bump the friggin dock as off duty and drop the trailer until your 10 is over. They refused, so we had to do a relay to move the trailer 50 feet, mind you the guy got out and unhooked the trailer then pulled out from under it..........some companies and drivers just want to be trifling.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
With us, the driver is wrong. We are allowed to pull off the dock, even as off duty so long as we don't move more than a mile down the road. If we have to go more than a mile down the road, call in, explain what is going on and move to the closest "safe location" to legally re-park. At worst, we get a very tiny slap on the wrist, at best, we are told don't worry about it. I almost have had to call in a few times. My last store was considered a no park store and my clock was running really tight, luckily they got me unloaded in a few minutes and I flat booked, 63 mph booked, to the closest store we are allowed to park at just as my clock was hitting zero and punching off duty.

We have had several OTR guys come help recently on our dedicated account pull this stunt of saying out of hours can't move. Dude, your parked in the dock area, bump the friggin dock as off duty and drop the trailer until your 10 is over. They refused, so we had to do a relay to move the trailer 50 feet, mind you the guy got out and unhooked the trailer then pulled out from under it..........some companies and drivers just want to be trifling.
If you mean to stay a man - you will treat the dock stuff and other drivers right and will never block the loading dock with your trailer. But if we are talkin having the ELD in mind - maybe such kind of behavior was right. I do not know.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Board Icon

No, I'm a quasi Walmart driver. We are allowed to park at most any Walmart whereas normal truckers are not. I mean near the dock, not on the dock. If your on the dock and out of hours, we are allowed to move from the dock even with the ELD. Maybe Swift says heck no, never move. But, the ELD won't bust you if you just move around on site and or stay under 15 mph.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:46 AM
Rookie

That is too bad. But I am not familiar with that.

Last edited by samara090; 09-22-2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiiper951 View Post
Technically he is right, but he DO can unhook the trailer not being illegal. He can even leave the dock not being illegal. He just doesn't want to