User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Terminated from Schneider

I worked for Schneider a month and got terminated for violating my 70 hr clock, is that termination for life?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Rookie

1) HOW do you violate your 70 hour clock? that's actually hard to to

but in answer to your question, maybe most companies wont hire somebody for a safety violation
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Schneider Termination

If you log more than 8.75 hours in 8 days on lines 3 and 4, you'll bust 70 hours easy. Apply for another company and tell them why you were released by Schneider. More training and paying attention to detail should get you another ride. BOL
Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Rookie

The 70 hour rule can be easily violated if the recap portion is overlooked. Even with e-logs you still need to do a recap to see how many hours you will gain back in the next day or few days. Especially if you are on a tight scheduled run. That being said,I have never heard of a company terminating a driver for just one log infraction alone. Usually you get a warning which goes in your file for 90 days. I wonder if there is more to the story than just a violation. None of us are perfect and we all make small infractions once in a long while. Isn't Schneider on e-logs? E-logs will give you an hour warning to pull over before you go over your hours. Always plan ahead and shut down early. Never run until the last minute before your clock runs out and fight for parking at a full truck stop with no other options. Plan ahead and ask dispatch to reschedule if your hours are low. Better yet, communicate and let dispatch know AHEAD of time that you don't have enough hours BEFORE accepting a dispatch so they can plan accordingly and repower it or put you on a different load. Communication is also key when it comes to staying legal.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Board Regular

there has to be more to the story. I run for Schneider and that elog beeps an hour before your hours are up, and again at 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and 10minutes. They ddidn't just fire you for one violation unless maybe it was your first week there or something, but even then