Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyford5113 View Post
MY OPONION:
First off I would rather poke my eyes out with razor blades and jump off a bridge than listen to a recruiter! Regardless if your salary or paid on commission you are still required to produce at your job! That means if you don’t fill seats at your company's weekly orientation, because of its high turn over you get fired! Are you listening Super Recruiter? I’ve been trucking for 20 years and consider myself to be a professional driver and my record proves it! So no point in me marking out and proving to you jobbers what kind of driver I am. Most experienced drivers like me either go local or end up buying or leasing a truck. It's near impossible to find a good OTR driver position for an experienced (Company) driver. Mr. Super Recruiter says "that drivers should be happy if maybe 70% of our needs our met and we should deal with the rest". That sounds like a raw deal to an experienced driver when he or she spends 95% of his or her life on the truck and gives a 100% to their job. So we give 100% and the company gives "maybe" 70% its obvious who’s gonna profit from that? Sounds like a game of Russian Roulette to me. What upsets me more is the fact that you so called drivers agree with him! Gman says on 06-05-08 "Good post TF. I am hopeful that this slowdown will help us to get rid of some of the bad drivers we have been plagued for so many years". Gman you’re a poser! How can you be trucking when you spend all your time on here, pretending to be something your not! Do you know how many people lost their jobs, homes, and future due to the recession? And you’re on her quoted saying you are hopeful for the slow down? Choke on those words Gman. This industry isn’t plagued by bad drivers its plagued by scams, bottom feeding companies, lying recruiters, and thousand of adds how new inexperienced drivers will make 50,000 their first year. The industry is changing, and its not because of the price of fuel! Truckers have been complaining about fuel prices since the 1970's. The industry is changing because these large companies are undercutting the price of freight and everyone is hurting because of it. A large company who will remain nameless last year showed a turnover rate of 125%! They turned over their entire company one and quarter times last year. Since when has it been a crime to speak your mind? We live in a society full of losers and sissies who are scared to speak their minds! What is wrong with a driver coming on to a forum and stating what he wants out of a job? This isn’t a Court of Law Gman! It’s a stupid forum that you take too seriously! Frankly if everyone had balls and a backbone like that driver who spoke his mind this industry wouldn’t treat drivers the way it does! To sum things up Super Recruiter get back in your office, and do what you do best, lie and fill up seats at orientation. And Gman get off of cad, get on the truck get a couple hundred thousand miles and maybe I will call you a driver! I’m out!

That is quite a rant. Apparently, you decided to post once, make your allegations and then leave. I won't address your entire post, but will address a few things that you directed to me. First off, I have long past the 200,000 mile mark when it comes to driving. I stopped keeping track after passing 4 million miles. I have been a company driver, owner operator who leased to a company and run my own authority with multiple trucks. I am in the position of working as I want and post on CAD or other forums as I choose. It really should not be something of concern to you. I can post while driving on the road. I don't run as hard as I once did. In fact, I took all of November and December off last year. I may work a week or two and then take a week or two off. I have dealt with drivers for many years and know something about how they think and act. I am a businessman who happens to drive a truck. I wear a lot of hats.

There are some difficult carriers around, but there are also some poor drivers. I have found that drivers most often bring problems on themselves. Rather than trying to work things out with their current company, they move to another carrier when they don't get their way about something of have a problem. There are some carriers who are very rigid in how they deal with drivers. You either do things their way or hit the road. Only a few years ago the turnover rate for drivers was around 136%. I read not long ago that the turnover rate was down to about 76%. Trucking is not the only industry with high turnover rates. Some fast food companies have an annual turnover rate in excess of 300%. I don't take this or any forum too seriously. People come on forums and can pretend to be anything that they want. It usually doesn't take long to find out who is real and who isn't.

There is nothing wrong with stating what you want from a job. But, you can't dictate what a company is willing to offer. If you are an employer and have a position open, then it is what it is. No company will allow any potential employee to dictate what they are willing to pay or provide. A company isn't going to go out and buy apu's or hoods to satisfy the wants of a single driver. If I were looking for a job, I would not worry about the truck or apu. I would be more interested in the pay and whether the equipment was well maintained. There are few carriers where an inexperienced driver can start out at $50,000. They can get to that point in a couple of years or so. I have not read any recruitment ads in some time, but I don't recall seeing any that promised $50,000 the first year.

I am not sure why you posted such a long rant and then left. There are a lot of drivers who should never have gotten into this industry. They come to this industry for the wrong reasons. You seem to take exception to a post that I may have made several years ago. One thing I can tell you is that if you want a job in any career field, you don't start out by making demands, especially when you have little or no experience. Companies have jobs and make their general offerings based upon their needs. If you can meet that criteria, then you may be the one who gets the job. If not, you go to the next company. The least likely way to find a job is to lay out demands when you start out.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I found it interesting that the OP used this as a quote "Gman says on 06-05-08 "Good post TF" I guess he really was reaching back!
He had some good points but honestly, was it ANYTHING we didn't already know?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 08-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've always been jealous of Twilights cape. There! ... I said it.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I've always been jealous of Twilights cape. There! ... I said it.
Te absolvo... or something like that! lol.

Now, go buy a cape and quitcher bitchin'!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Board Regular

Anthonyford is simply another amoral mcdonalds reject recruiter who's upset more truckers wont let him and the other bloodsuckers leech more.

Thats what constantly amazes me.. drivers make money and this whole industry is based around people getting their hands in our pockets.. and they get livid we wont sacrifice even more so they can go home every night to an even niftier big screen. Recruiters are below lawyers and politicians on the morality scale
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid View Post
Recruiters are below lawyers and politicians on the morality scale
Thats LOW!!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington