LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Training Experience

One more link in the chain . .

ksl.com - Semi crosses into oncoming traffic; strikes vehicle

Same story, different article states weather may have been a factor and that charges are pending.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yup... "TEAM TRAINING"..

Quote:

WASHINGTON COUNTY -- Four people were injured when a semi truck lost control on Interstate 15 and struck their car.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a student driver was behind the wheel of the semi. Just before 3 p.m. the student made an incorrect turn near milepost 37 about 30 miles north of St. George and crossed into oncoming traffic.
The truck hit a Chevy Malibu with four people inside. The driver of that car suffered some broken bones, while the other passengers had only minor injuries. The student driver and the instructor, who troopers said was asleep when the crash happened, were not hurt.
Team Training at it's best. Trainees have been known to die that way too. I would sincerely hope the charges pending are against the trainer, but he'll most likely get off scot free. That's not justice. Considering the trainer was asleep, he/she should be held more responsible for the accident than the trainee, not the other way around.

Way to go. In a few weeks, we'll have someone else come on the board... "no one will hire me because my trainee was in an accident".