User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default UUGGGHHH.....Can't find a job!

I can not seem to find a trucking company that will give me a job, I just don't understand!
Have driven a big truck for six months previously, but I was fired because I could not deliver a single load on time. It was not my fault as I could not tell time and the company refused to teach me. So, NO, I am not unreliable as that was out of my control. Also, have a clean driving record except for one accident where the truck accidentally rolled over; but the road was icy. So therefore, again not my fault as said previously, the ice was the culprit.
That was two years ago and I have not driven since then. I have been unemployed for the last two years, do you guys think this will affect anything? Got caught while driving under the influence of marijuana during this time, but went to court to fight it and the charge was reduced to reckless driving. So I am good on that front,righ?
I am looking for a company that only has automatic trucks because I never learned how to drive a 10 speed or the like. Would also like to be home every weekend. Not working for .30 cents a mile either, I will accept no less than .50 cents per mile. Also, only looking to pull fuel tankers or other hazordous materials in bulk and work less than nine hours a day. Anybody have any suggestions or advice?

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Board Regular

Yeah right, bogus post. Next!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
I can not seem to find a trucking company that will give me a job, I just don't understand!
Have driven a big truck for six months previously, but I was fired because I could not deliver a single load on time. It was not my fault as I could not tell time and the company refused to teach me. So, NO, I am not unreliable as that was out of my control. Also, have a clean driving record except for one accident where the truck accidentally rolled over; but the road was icy. So therefore, again not my fault as said previously, the ice was the culprit.
That was two years ago and I have not driven since then. I have been unemployed for the last two years, do you guys think this will affect anything? Got caught while driving under the influence of marijuana during this time, but went to court to fight it and the charge was reduced to reckless driving. So I am good on that front,righ?
I am looking for a company that only has automatic trucks because I never learned how to drive a 10 speed or the like. Would also like to be home every weekend. Not working for .30 cents a mile either, I will accept no less than .50 cents per mile. Also, only looking to pull fuel tankers or other hazordous materials in bulk and work less than nine hours a day. Anybody have any suggestions or advice?

:moon::moon::moon::moon:

:bigthink:

:spam::spam::spam:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
think this is aimed at anybody working for a 'mill' like swift. Or maybe directed at me, in a round about way. Too bad i'm not stupid enough to even consider driving while under the influence of anything, much less wacky-weed. rolled the truck? still an 'accident'......FIRED for being late? you must have been pretty unreliable to get canned for one late load.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Board Member

not any tankers but you may want to check out the lease-purchase program at either c.r. england or pime. i hear they're wonderful. you'll be *owning* your dream. how cool is that?

:lol:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 03-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
think this is aimed at anybody working for a 'mill' like swift. Or maybe directed at me, in a round about way. Too bad i'm not stupid enough to even consider driving while under the influence of anything, much less wacky-weed. rolled the truck? still an 'accident'......FIRED for being late? you must have been pretty unreliable to get canned for one late load.
you got TROLLED! :rofl::rofl:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Board Member