User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default STAY OF ADJUDICATION-CARELESS DRIVING

I was ticketed for careless driving in MN back in March. Long story short went to court and pleaded guilty with a stay of adjudication. Will anything show up on my MVR or DAC. My understanding is that if no further offenses occur in the next yr charges will be dismissed.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Default Re: STAY OF ADJUDICATION-CARELESS DRIVING

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse
I was ticketed for careless driving in MN back in March. Long story short went to court and pleaded guilty with a stay of adjudication. Will anything show up on my MVR or DAC. My understanding is that if no further offenses occur in the next yr charges will be dismissed.
The legal advice you get on the internet is worth what you're paying for it...get it?

Besides, most reading this ain't in Minnesota and the laws do vary from state to state.

How about you ask your lawyer your legal questions? If you don't have a lawyer, call the courthouse where all this went down and I'll bet they'll give you the correct answer.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Your best bet would be to contact the court where your case was heard. Each state is different. If you currently have a CDL, the states are supposed to note the offense on your MVR.