User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PEPSI...(((( transport driver ))))

there might be a chance for this "" newbie"" to get in ...( friend of a friend )....... 8) 8)

anyone with first hand knowledge would sure be appreciated........... :wink:

such as........... if I didn't have a connection.....(you never know :shock: )...........how much exp. do they want...????

i do know they start you with 18/p.hr............after 30 days.....23.50 p/hr
and your in the union.....any other info (re; routine...do they send you out with a driver trainer for a week or 2 or 3....etc..)

thanks...in advance..................... 8)

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

I worked for Coke a while back and Pepsi is run pretty similar. Usually they will start you as a route driver delivering to convenience stores and throwing cases all day. Work hours will be 5am to 3-5pm. If you are in good shape and don't mind getting filthy and busting butt all day, then go for it. There are also the bulk drivers who deliver to grocery stores. Those guys move pallets with power jacks. But you have to have some serious time on before you get one of those.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You have to be careful...
it can take several days for any coke to work out of your system.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
I worked for Coke a while back and Pepsi is run pretty similar. Usually they will start you as a route driver delivering to convenience stores and throwing cases all day. Work hours will be 5am to 3-5pm. If you are in good shape and don't mind getting filthy and busting butt all day, then go for it. There are also the bulk drivers who deliver to grocery stores. Those guys move pallets with power jacks. But you have to have some serious time on before you get one of those.
this is a "transport" driver..not a route driver........dock to dock.....and that's it....lol :wink:

Title
Transport Driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description Drives a tractor/trailer truck to make long-distance pick-ups and deliveries of predominantly finished product or materials/supplies. Checks and/or assists in the loading/unloading of the trailer. Obtains proper authorization for all deliveries/pick-ups. Responsible for checking vehicle for proper and safe operating condition before and after each trip. Must maintain a DOT driver’s log and adhere to all DOT regulations. May occasionally be required to stay over night.
Position requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time. Also requires lifting cases weighing 20-45 pounds" 8) if they fall in trailer. 8) "

PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Deliver finished product or raw materials to assigned destination
• Ensure safety and compliance of load
• Maintain DOT driver log and other required transport documentation

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Transport Driver ......................anyone....??????

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
Quote:
this is a "transport" driver..not a route driver........dock to dock.....and that's it....lol :wink:

Title
Transport Driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description Drives a tractor/trailer truck to make long-distance pick-ups and deliveries of predominantly finished product or materials/supplies. Checks and/or assists in the loading/unloading of the trailer. Obtains proper authorization for all deliveries/pick-ups. Responsible for checking vehicle for proper and safe operating condition before and after each trip. Must maintain a DOT driver’s log and adhere to all DOT regulations. May occasionally be required to stay over night.
Position requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time. Also requires lifting cases weighing 20-45 pounds" 8) if they fall in trailer. 8) "

More of a line haul gig. If you have an in, then take it. As far as I know those kinds of jobs with Pepsi are for experienced drivers and I've never heard of Pepsi training a new driver. If it's a union job the rules are usually pretty strict for meeting certain minimum hiring standards. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Title
Transport Driver

Is this through PEPSICO or is this through a contract carrier? I know National Freight has a dedicated Pepsi account that sounds just like that. They go from plant to DC, no stores. If it is plant to DC, then it is easy work. :wink:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Senior Board Member

"""Is this through PEPSICO or is this through a contract carrier? I know National Freight has a dedicated Pepsi account that sounds just like that. They go from plant to DC, no stores. If it is plant to DC, then it is easy work."""
it's right from the pepsico site......... 8)

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Rookie

If it's anything like Frito-Lay, I hear they will back-haul ANYTHING on your return trip...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
"""Is this through PEPSICO or is this through a contract carrier? I know National Freight has a dedicated Pepsi account that sounds just like that. They go from plant to DC, no stores. If it is plant to DC, then it is easy work."""
it's right from the pepsico site......... 8)
If that what it is and you can get on, go for it. Starting as a transport driver beats starting as a route driver anyday. Nice easy job 8) .

MY FACEBOOK PAGE