User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sent home from orientation...DAC question

I took a 14 hour bus ride from hell to orientation for a trucking company. I arrived at 1:00am and reported to the terminal the next day. We took a diving test first thing in the morning which I passed. We took physyicals in the afternoon and I had eye sight issues and high sugar in my urine.

I was on a bus back to Ohio within 3 hours of this urine sample. I have to take pills to get my sugar down(it was really high), my doctor says it should take a couple weeks.

The company told me I can come back as soon as I get the situation under control. I dont have to reapply if it is within 4 months.

I was informed that this will show up on my DAC. It will state something like "did not complete orientation for medical reasons."

1. When filling out applications in the future am I suppose to put down that I was employed by this company for one day?

2. I know this will be on my DAC, How do I handle this with future employers?

3. Any long term damage from this incedent?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Rookie

Yeah same deal happen to me last year. I got sent home for high blood pressure. I was kinda glade i did anyway becasuse i had second thoughts about the place anyway. Few days later found somthing even better. blood pressure came down so i left for orientation at this place. I past all the tests, fill alllll the paper work out. 1 hour later they get to me in the stack and start goiing over the history. I can see the DAC report on his desk and he keeps looking at it and looks at my app, looks more at the DAC and then back to looking at the app. Im sitting back in the chair like what is this a$$%%$% looking at. I knew i had a good looking DAC no tickets or wrecks. Then he finnaly cuts loose " why didnt you put down the company that you went for orientation few weeks back." I was shocked that they reported it and pisssed because i wasn't trying to hide anything. I never knew they would report something like that. No wounder my blood pressure is high. :evil:

Anyway i guess i would put everything done on the apps as best as you can. May get a copy of your DAC so you can put down what you know they can "Q" you about. Plus its better the not have to say more than you have too anyway.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Default Re: Sent home from orientation...DAC question

1. When filling out applications in the future am I suppose to put down that I was employed by this company for one day?

Did they pay you for that day? If not you were not employed.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Rookie

They didnt pay me a dime. Thats what i cant figure out. I didnt collect a check from them but they can still climb all over my DAC! Just beacuse i didnt come back. They looked at it that i quite doing hiring process. Im still P.O. about it. I need to see if i can request DAC to check into it and have it removed. :roll:

When i was asked why i didnt list the "( 1 ) day oreantation" i looked at the guy like are you for real? My responce was i came back home to moniter my B.P. and found that this company was a better choice for me anyway.

Plus the 2 Companys in 13yrs i thought was good enough to put down on your app.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Rookie

I wouldnt put it down for the fact that its small :dung: As long as the rest of you history is strong i woulnt worry about it.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:31 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

If a company pays for your bus ticket, puts you up in a hotel, or even just buys you a sandwich, they can consider you an employee and most companies will do so. Some will wait until you have cleared orientation and accepted your first load.

To the original poster:

Quote:
I would. If they said it'll show up on DAC, then simply write it down along with the explanation on why you had to leave.

Quote:
Be honest. It's not a big deal, providing you are up front with it and you keep you blood sugar or blood pressure in line.

Quote:
Again, if you're up front with it, there will be no damage at all with the issue.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
If a company pays for your bus ticket, puts you up in a hotel, or even just buys you a sandwich, they can consider you an employee and most companies will do so. Some will wait until you have cleared orientation and accepted your first load.

To the original poster:

Quote:
I would. If they said it'll show up on DAC, then simply write it down along with the explanation on why you had to leave.

Quote:
Be honest. It's not a big deal, providing you are up front with it and you keep you blood sugar or blood pressure in line.

Quote:
Again, if you're up front with it, there will be no damage at all with the issue.
TF is right. Beyond that...the only other thing I would add is to tell the new "prospective employer" is that the first company's lab people said your blood sugar was too high. If you test out fine in the future....it will be a non-issue.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.