User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Drugs

brown7477
"4 year old felony drug charge" That may very well keep you from being employed as a driver until at least ten years after the completion of your sentence (think probation). Won't keep you from earning a CDL, you just won't be able to use it.
Be very upfront with potential employers, don't talk to recruiters about it, talk to the safety department or HR types in a company you want to work for. The bottom line will be their insurer and not necessarily the company rep that gives you a green light to work for 'em. BOL
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Dude - I was warning you. If you have even the slightest "itch" for drugs or alcohol, THEN STAY AWAY from drilling crews.

That other guy was a bit too high on himself. On some other thread he was having his staff of lawyers look at one thing or the other. Truckstops are full of millionaires, business executives, doctors, and lawyers. You'll see.

RE: Avatar. I had 2 fat chics in bikini's. They were in bed feeding each other McDonald French Fries. It must have been in bad taste. It got pulled down.

I was sticking up for you at the other thread. I just happend over here. I saw the, do you like my website comment? Hmmm, is this guy for real or just using CAD to promote his website.

I am a glass half full kind of person. But, I will point out if the glass is cracked with jagged edges and half filled with urine :wink:

Peace. I think you deserve a second chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown7477
LOL. I am looking for help getting into the industry. You do not like my banner or my site? I created the site for truckers to go and have some fun.
I am not going to even go where I think I think you are wanting to take this. I personally respond to all my posts. and if I can add a banner then cool. You may not like the site but there will be many that will enjoy it.

MBA: It is really hard to picture you as serious with the Uni-Bomber as a avatar. Makes me think you are an anti-government militia nut. Haven't seen a post yet when you had something good to say about anything. If you were giving credit to someone you were bashing another in the same sentence.

Just like the post where the guy was talking to me about the oil rigs.

Oh well have a good day. I know I will.
I would of liked to seen the fat chicks. That would of been hilarious.
Oh and I know it is hard to take alot of people serious on here as it being the web I could be anyone or anything I want to be.
I really want this opportunity so i am being serious and forth coming with my past. I want information that is relative to my issues not information for squeaky clean college grads with no issues.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Are you here looking for answers? Or are you just promoting your website?

Honey, make me some popcorn, Im going to be over here watching this thread a while.......its about to get good.... :shock: :twisted: You dont want to miss this........
Aahahahahahahah ! :twisted:

Sorry bout the drug convict. I have to agree w/ mbadriver this doesn't seem like a profession that takes such things lightly. Good luck with it all.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 PM

I am not labeling anyone here, so Drivers please do not get offended.
I felt that this industry would be forgiving of my past.
You see doped up drivers at all truckstops and all over the road everyday.
Obviously they will not be participating in these forums because they probably spent the $$$ they could of used to purchase a laptop computer on a bag of dope. But non the less there are a lot of drivers that use drugs.
I do see that a majority of the participants in these forums have better things to do than use drugs and that obviously goes for me also.
I appreciate all the advise everyone has given me and I will keep on knocking on doors and talking to everyone I can until an opportunity is offered to me. I just talked to an accredited school and he had good things to say and seen my dedication and said I should not too hard of a time getting work. He did say with my past it would be tough, but my determination and dedication to getting into this industry will make some companies take a 2nd look instead of judging by what they see on paper.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 AM

RE: Avatar. I had 2 fat chics in bikini's. They were in bed feeding each other McDonald French Fries. It must have been in bad taste. It got pulled down.

bad taste :?: that was sicking i thought about gouging out my eyes with a plastic spoon

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:02 PM

This week was alot of driving around the course and around the skid pad area. We did our straight line backing and alley dock backing. I nailed both of them right out of the gate. Thursday I was able to go out on the roads! The instructor that went with came back wit no bumps, bruises or more grey hairs. He dinged me on the fine points. I overal did very well. And then yesterday I passed the Hazmat test. So all in all things are still going great. This coming week I should get alot of driving time.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Rookie

WOLF RIVER, it sounds like you're doing great so far. A lot of people seem to have problems at first with backing up, so that must be a relief for you.

As for the shifting, I feel your pain. I took a Schneider course a long time ago and I couldn't understand what they meant by "speed shifting". I thought that meant you had to do everything as quickly as possible. I kept grinding the gears like crazy until we were out on the road and our instructor took the wheel. As it turned out, I just had to get the timing down and work the clutch and shifter more slowly. After that, it was just like what happened for you. Everything started to "click", and it wasn't a problem after that.

It sounds like you are at a quality school. By any chance do you have a link to their website? I hope it's ok to ask for that on this site. I'm new here, and don't want to get in trouble right off the bat.

Please keep us up to date on how things go for you, when time allows. It's always interesting to read about the experiences other people have.

Best of luck, and keep on truckin'!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Hey Uncle Buck

search for fox valley technical college, appleton wisconsin

We actually got the day off today! The weather was and is pretty nasty outside. Funny thing is we will be working in these conditions so we should have been practicing in these conditions. Oh well, Monday was a bad driving day for me. Nothing and I mean nothing clicked. I was feeling like crap and it showed. Tuesday was much better after the fog in my head cleared. I took nyquil monday night to get to sleep, I was surprised how long it actually stayed in my system. I was foggy until lunch time on tuesday. Tuesday I played co pilot until the afternoon. So tomorrow we will be driving I have to make up for some of the stupid things I was doing on Monday. - nothing major just dumb new guy stuff.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Uncle Buck,
Here is the link.
http://fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1409&PID=1
I enrolled already after talking to the head instructor.
Sounds like a great school.
Just it helps me get a job that will consider my past.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM

Hey just an up date -

Yesterday I passed my CDL test I got dinged for 5 points. 2 pretrip and 3 on the road. I missed the height on a bridge clearance sign.

Endosements are all done, tankers, doubles / triples and Hazmat

Today I was fustrating myself learning how to parallel park a tractor and trailer. I actually jumped at the chance to do it.