User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default One step closer...Prime drivers, look here?

Whew! I got everything that Cyndy needed me to get as far as my employment history. Rachel, the employment checker said that she signed off on everything and sent the file to the "safety" office (I think that is what she said). She said they are the one's who make the final decision on hiring. Does this sound right to you guys? How long should I wait before I start bombarding Cyndy with phone calls? Im having a ton of anxiety over this whole thing and just want to be set.

Any advice?

Old 01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Default Re: One step closer...Prime drivers, look here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingtiger
Whew! I got everything that Cyndy needed me to get as far as my employment history. Rachel, the employment checker said that she signed off on everything and sent the file to the "safety" office (I think that is what she said). She said they are the one's who make the final decision on hiring. Does this sound right to you guys? How long should I wait before I start bombarding Cyndy with phone calls? Im having a ton of anxiety over this whole thing and just want to be set.

Any advice?

Relax..working for Crime ain't all that. And yes they will hire you and anybody else that applies. They are a mega carrier that relies on new drivers rather than pay there senior drivers a fair wage.

Read the back of the trailors. We are hiring all the time. Yup even if the frieght is low. Thats got to be a Warning sigh :roll:
Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Is there ANY company that would be good enough to drive for for you guys? SNI, nope, Crete...nope, Prime...na, Swift...no way, every other trucking company that is hiring...all bad. I wish you guys would actually pull a load for these companies before you put them down. Ive heard good and bad from all of them.

Im sure the company that you drive for is the perfect company. Gives you 8000 miles a week paying 5.00 per mile. Im happy that this is the case for you, but I need training and unfortunately, I have to go where the training is.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Quote:
Is there ANY company that would be good enough to drive for for you guys? SNI, nope, Crete...nope, Prime...na, Swift...no way, every other trucking company that is hiring...all bad. I wish you guys would actually pull a load for these companies before you put them down. Ive heard good and bad from all of them.

Im sure the company that you drive for is the perfect company. Gives you 8000 miles a week paying 5.00 per mile. Im happy that this is the case for you, but I need training and unfortunately, I have to go where the training is.
I don't know why anybody would want to be a trucker driver these days. Getting paid by the mile is mental torture.
Sitting at a truck stop during a snow storm not getting paid, and all the other stuff you will be require to do for free, will you bitching once you work for them for a year.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Try doing some research. PRIME is a bottom feeder. If you really want company paid training, then try Swift, Schnider, Werner. Everyone has their opinions on these companies but one thing that most drivers will agree on, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH PRIME IN ANY WAY!
Personally, I would try Schnider. There is no perfect OTR company for trying but Schnider does seem to have a good rep. for training.
Almost forgot: Try Roehl also. Another training company that seems to OK to start at.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude
will you bitching once you work for them for a year.
And if so, Ill find somewhere else to drive and sit in the snow. It cant be THAT bad or there would not BE any truck drivers on the road. I have friends - LIFELONG friends in the business that I TRUST. They would tell me if it were as bad as you say. They would tell me if it werent a good job to have and most of all, I would know from them without them TELLING me because they wouldnt be doing this job any longer.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Try doing some research. PRIME is a bottom feeder. If you really want company paid training, then try Swift, Schnider, Werner. Everyone has their opinions on these companies but one thing that most drivers will agree on, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH PRIME IN ANY WAY!
Personally, I would try Schnider. There is no perfect OTR company for trying but Schnider does seem to have a good rep. for training.
Almost forgot: Try Roehl also. Another training company that seems to OK to start at.
You mentioned Swift in your post...does that mean that you would recommend them? Most everyone on this forum and other forums do NOT. I have done some research and I like the way that Prime trains. Am I going to be with prime for 20 years? Maybe not, but Ill be trained right. Schneider is good too and they were my first choice. A small medical condition kept me from them. I have since gotten my permit and DOT medical card so I am good to go.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Board Regular

Prime is a good for most drivers, but their not for everyone. Most of their Lease drivers do pretty good their but there has been some that it hasn't worked out for. On the company side it seems to be about the same as with the lease operators.They do have company paid training it last about 5-6 months, with a minimum of $600 per week in training pay. It is a hell of alot better than $300 at other carriers.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
You mentioned Swift in your post...does that mean that you would recommend them? Most everyone on this forum and other forums do NOT. I have done some research and I like the way that Prime trains. Am I going to be with prime for 20 years? Maybe not, but Ill be trained right. Schneider is good too and they were my first choice. A small medical condition kept me from them. I have since gotten my permit and DOT medical card so I am good to go.
As a training company to get some experience, I would recomend Swift over PRIME any day.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM

DoubleR - Im not trying to doubt you because I dont know which is better...but I have heard that Swift is a joke for training. I have also heard that they are great for training. Who do you believe? Ive heard good and bad about them all. I have talked to drivers from most of the companies that I applied for and Prime keeps getting rave reviews from the drivers. THOSE are the guys who are in the know. And no, before you ask, NONE of them asked me to say that they referred me to Prime. They gave me their honest opinions, I believe.