User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PMGT Saftey Claims

Just ran across PMGT driver employment. Before driving I worked as mechanic for them. Unless things have seriously changed saftey and equipment was horrible. We cut and replated trailer frame, holes big enough you can put your fist through. One leg of fuse box was dead and was told by supervisor to jumper it to the next live leg. When I read their saftey claims I could not stay help but speak up.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Rookie

Yep still horrible,nothing has changed at all.

I left 2 1/2 years ago due to constant breakdowns,money was good when running.

A buddy of mine has been driving for them for about 2 months,he said in orientation they tell you up front to be patient because you ARE going to breakdown.
He says the money is good,but they will be switching to elogs soon,there goes the GOOD money!
Yes you have to cheat a bit on your logs to try and get 2 loads in a day(that's where the money is),not saying you should just saying.

Maintenance is a joke,trucks are junk even though they are refurbing some without the curtains,tail cone now..still same trucks though.

They do have some major contracts though and they will keep you moving,when not brokedown.

They also have a $500 deductable that comes out of your account for any damages,which weeds out the wannabes.

So think long and choose well.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't they run mostly ex-Swift trucks? Or is that a different outfit?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Rookie

No if anything swift may have bought some trucks from PMTG.

They never junk any of their trucks,they're actually in the process of stripping down the older argosy cabovers.

Taking off the curtains,roofs and tailcones..Mercedes and BMW lifted the rule for enclosed.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I was wondering why I saw so many of their trucks sans curtains. Then again, I thought that was for Sprinters.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Rookie

I was thinking of applying to this company. Will they still be paying well or should I look for another company ?