User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default WannaBe with questions...Big Orange

Hi guys! First post here and I have a question. I applied for the training and job at Schneider last week. I got a call back Sunday from Schneider and Becky, my recruiter, will be calling me Wednesday at 2pm for a phone interview. Im excited and nervous at the same time.

What types of questions will I be asked? What are they looking for from me? This is something that I really want to do and dont want to mess up on the interview.

Heidi (the lady who called me) said I need to have my CDL permit before I can be assigned to a class (Next class, December 29). So, I need to get that before Wednesday. How hard is the permit test? Ill be studying my hind end off!

Can anyone give me a rundown of the questions that I should ask Becky when we talk?

Old 12-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: WannaBe with questions...Big Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingtiger
Hi guys! First post here and I have a question. I applied for the training and job at Schneider last week. I got a call back Sunday from Schneider and Becky, my recruiter, will be calling me Wednesday at 2pm for a phone interview. Im excited and nervous at the same time.

What types of questions will I be asked? What are they looking for from me? This is something that I really want to do and dont want to mess up on the interview.

Heidi (the lady who called me) said I need to have my CDL permit before I can be assigned to a class (Next class, December 29). So, I need to get that before Wednesday. How hard is the permit test? Ill be studying my hind end off!

Can anyone give me a rundown of the questions that I should ask Becky when we talk?
"""How hard is the permit test? Ill be studying my hind end off!""""

go to this link to study... i passed on the first try with out opening the book... http://www.roadwars.com/otc/
8) 8) 8) 8) BOL 2 YA!!! :wink: :wink:
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Senior Board Member

I can tell you right now from experience don't trust anything that Heidi tells you.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLUX
I can tell you right now from experience don't trust anything that Heidi tells you.
She didnt really tell me anything. All she did was go over my application with me and then tell me that Becky, my recruiter, would be calling me on Wednesday at 2. Said to have questions ready for Becky when she calls. Are we talking about the same Heidi?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Default Re: WannaBe with questions...Big Orange

Quote:

What types of questions will I be asked?
I would ask how much money will I make in a week, and how many hours in the truck to achive it.

Ask what is the companys turn over rate?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
She didnt really tell me anything. All she did was go over my application with me and then tell me that Becky, my recruiter, would be calling me on Wednesday at 2. Said to have questions ready for Becky when she calls. Are we talking about the same Heidi?
There is only one Heidi that works there. Really take what they say with a grain of salt. I was planing on going with the pumpkin, but not worth the hassle I had to go through.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

I was thinking about Schneider until I found out they are not offering 48 state opportunities , And what they did have for me have is dedicated,and paid by salary , Which wasn't to bad as they were offering me a dedicated run at a salary of 758.88 weekly with home weekends , But I 'd rather be out 4-6 weeks and home 5 day straight ...So I'm lokking at TMC and flat bedding ...This should offer me the ability run more ,and earn more tha schneider
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I was thinking about Schneider until I found out they are not offering 48 state opportunities
Is that just for your area or company wide? I havent seen anything to tell me different. I will go to pumpkindriver.com and ask there as they are actually drivers working there. I dont WANT a dedicated. I want to see the country!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I was thinking about Schneider until I found out they are not offering 48 state opportunities
Is that just for your area or company wide? I havent seen anything to tell me different. I will go to pumpkindriver.com and ask there as they are actually drivers working there. I dont WANT a dedicated. I want to see the country!

Not sure I was told for my hiring area (region) which is western as I'm in Colorado that they only had Dedicated for this region ...I beleive they have jobs based on Regions ...I know I was surprised to hear no 48/Canada Available with them for my region . The salaried thing sounded nice ,But a little low for my expectations at this point at $750.00 wk ...that's like running 2500 miles at .30 CPM , And really working 5 days with about 1.5 days off on the weekend seems less favorable than running for 4-6 weeks taking 5 days day in a row ...And I got my CDL to make good money 45k and up is what I'm looking for I know I hated werner so much ,because it was bacly a 28-30k max job for a solo with 2-4 years Experience ,and that money SUX for the time/effort .
Old 12-11-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There is only one Heidi that works there. Really take what they say with a grain of salt. I was planing on going with the pumpkin, but not worth the hassle I had to go through.
Can you elaborate on the hassles? What did they want you to do? Where did you finally go? What did Heidi say to you to turn you off from SNI?