User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trucking Life

I just want to say trucking is a very good field of work. I say this because it brings happiness to me to meet new people and explore different parts of the country. I also love this work because it makes you pay attention to your health. My mother died 2 years ago from kidney failure because she had high blood pressure and it went untreated. This DOT physical is a good idea because I caught some problems that I probably would not caught if I didn't go for a physical. Being gone for weeks at a time can be a problem at times but this is trucking not McDonalds. My father is still driving over the road at the age of 68 and when he was gone he still had control of the house. If my brothers and I did anything bad at home when he was away we would get a steamy phone call and when he rolled into town we would get a killer a$$ whopping and he has been doing this work since the age 16. The physical also saved him from prostate cancer. He went and doc found that the marbles were not hanging right so that is another reason I like the physical. I am 36 years old and I have 18 years of driving experience 7 OTR with Swift and the rest local with the old man and grandpops drives for a mail contractor now (started driving when I turned 18). Try to understand this that when you take a field in trucking it means you may be gone from home and if the wheels don't turn you don't get paid. Simply as I can put it.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Board Regular

Good post dieselpower

I'm glad you're enjoying things out there. Sounds like you are doing your best to take the best care you can of you while you're traveling along, always good to hear...there's only one you and if you don't take care of you who will? I hope you continue to enjoy your work and appreciate things out there

Keep up the good stuff and stay safe out there