User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My gauge is way off, when the gauge read 1/4 tank and I fill up it will take about 100 Gal. for both tanks (100 gal ea.)the first 1/2 tank goes real quick 2nd 1/2 goes alot farther. But I never run less than 1/8 tank and will call in for an extra fuel stop if needed
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 AM

opti stops is from the qualcomm, optimizer

where the computer tells you where to stop for fuel. some companies require you stop where the qualcomm tells you to stop or else you may face some type of penalty

welcome to theworld of techonology
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raafi
opti stops is from the qualcomm, optimizer

where the computer tells you where to stop for fuel. some companies require you stop where the qualcomm tells you to stop or else you may face some type of penalty

welcome to theworld of techonology
Those Q-messages are my your company. In almost every case the reason is your company have a contract with certain companies. Normally they receive a discount.

I found when I was a company driver a message to dispatch they would allow you to add fuel at a a non-contract company. They sure don't want you running out of fuel.

kc0iv
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajritter04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight
Those dam opti stops from qual comm alot of times seam to run me closer to emty than I would like or dare to do with my own vechilce, but I found myself being less close to emty recently making sure I have fuel up into where the cap screws on and since then I have not been so close, but it might be a quinsedent as well
English, please.
You said it.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Sorry it took so long to post back.

As for the fuel issue, as some have stated you can't trust the gauge, you should also not trust the opti-stop to get you there. It's going to route you to the nearest "company contracted" fuel stop even if you don't have enough fuel to get there. So you've got to take matters into your own hands.

As for the problem with the weekend dispatch, I had another incident with them and figured it out:

I had a 7 hour relay run to do but with confusion on the relay point and was told to wait for clarification. When time got down to the required 7 hours I messaged that it was time to go.

I immediately got 3 separate and different responses.

1) One told me to reject the load if I couldn't do it.

2) Within a minute another told me that the receiver would accept the load any time I got it there. (Clearly a different style of post so definitely a different dispatcher than the first message.)

3) The third response was a phone call from a dispatcher who was unaware of the other 2 reponses.

Then 3 hours later I got another phone call from yet another dispatcher who was unaware of the previous 3 responses.

So what's going on is multiple dispatchers dealing with a particular load but all responding not only separately but independently. All totally unaware of what the others are doing.

What a great system! or rather no system at all.

But now that I know what's going on I can deal with it. BTW, I talked to another company driver recently who claimed dispatches by the after hours crew ALWAYS turn out bad for him. I think I'm starting to see a pattern here...

So a question, who in the company would I talk to about this problem?

TIA