User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Simply Stupid Questions

I've been out on my own now for about 6 months. I've a couple of stupid questions.

One, other than for looks I don't see a purpose for mounting CB antennas angled forward. Last night at the Pilot on I84/40 @ x152 I saw a truck with the CB antennas mounted angled back. Why are drivers not mounting the antennas virtically, is it because it looks mean? Angled forward looks like horns, angled back looks like the ears of a dog laid back ready to fight. Is that it?

Secondly, and this isn't meant to cut anyone down, but I find that many, and I mean many household movers (this how ignit I am, I know theres a CB slang for movers, but I don't remember it... DOH!) and parkinglots very rarely acknowledge me in ANY way when I let 'em know they've safely cleared the me (by CB or by turning my lights off/on) and can move back into the right lane.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Board Icon

They are angled forward because when your going down the road at 60 mph, they are actually standing straight up. If you already have them straight up, they will be bending backwards, hence a slightly less stronger signal due to it being slightly lower. I think it looks cool when they are angled forward slightly, some take it too far and make them stick out like horns.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Board Regular

Along with the fact that they have some Way over power radio that needs a 100' antenna and if they didnt lean it forward it would hit the bottom of every bridge under 15'.

But on the up side, by BBR leaning his sticks forward, he has just reduced the range on his over power talk box so you wont have to hear him for as long as you should be able to.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Rookie

You point them forward to get them away ftom the stacks when rollin. Otherwise the get too close to the stacks and screw up your swr.

www.dieseldogtrucking.com
Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Simply Stupid Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaTim
I've been out on my own now for about 6 months. I've a couple of stupid questions.

One, other than for looks I don't see a purpose for mounting CB antennas angled forward. Last night at the Pilot on I84/40 @ x152 I saw a truck with the CB antennas mounted angled back. Why are drivers not mounting the antennas virtically, is it because it looks mean? Angled forward looks like horns, angled back looks like the ears of a dog laid back ready to fight. Is that it?

Secondly, and this isn't meant to cut anyone down, but I find that many, and I mean many household movers (this how ignit I am, I know theres a CB slang for movers, but I don't remember it... DOH!) BEDBUGGERSand parkinglots very rarely acknowledge me in ANY way when I let 'em know they've safely cleared the me (by CB or by turning my lights off/on) and can move back into the right lane.