User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wanna Be questions on schools and Trucking Co.

Looking for some input on some driving schools, I'm located in Sacramento. There are quite a few schools in this area but none sound as good as Sage in SLC. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these schools in the Sacramento area ?
Also , I haven't herd anything bad about May Trucking or Hendrickson Trucking. Anybody out there know if these are good companies for a rookie ? Thanks for any Info.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member

I went to Western Pacific truck school off of watt. I would suggest them as I learned everything I needed for the test and to be able to safely drive a truck. Everything else you learn from training otr and when you go solo. I'm not sure if hendrickson trains students. I know may does but check out the may trucking threads and figure out if they are a good company or not. I see no reason to go all the way to SLC just for school.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Board Regular

i just got my class A through CA Emergency Foodlink. It is a Sacramento ROP Dept of Education program.
It cost nothing to go there. You only pay for you DMV fees and Physical and drug test fees. the total was 169 dollars.
it is an 18 week program 6 weeks for permit, forklift and first aid training, 6 weeks of driver training and 6 weeks of "ride-a-longs" for OJT training.
you will test for all endorsments. tanker, doubles, passenger (class B), and hazmat (if you qualify for hazmat).
On the 16th week they have Jobclub. They do your resume for you so you can find a job.
EDD extended my unemployment benefits while i am in school as well.
you must meet certain criteria for EDD to pay you while in school.

call 916-387-9000 orientation is every monday @ 1:30 i beleive @ the old army depot on fruitridge and florin-perkins
classes start every 6 weeks.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by all18wheels
i just got my class A through CA Emergency Foodlink. It is a Sacramento ROP Dept of Education program.
It cost nothing to go there. You only pay for you DMV fees and Physical and drug test fees. the total was 169 dollars.
it is an 18 week program 6 weeks for permit, forklift and first aid training, 6 weeks of driver training and 6 weeks of "ride-a-longs" for OJT training.
you will test for all endorsments. tanker, doubles, passenger (class B), and hazmat (if you qualify for hazmat).
On the 16th week they have Jobclub. They do your resume for you so you can find a job.
EDD extended my unemployment benefits while i am in school as well.
you must meet certain criteria for EDD to pay you while in school.

call 916-387-9000 orientation is every monday @ 1:30 i beleive @ the old army depot on fruitridge and florin-perkins
classes start every 6 weeks.

Hey thanks for that information. It sounds like you have to be unemployed though, whats ROP ? But i will check it out. Thanks alot
Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Board Regular

ROP= regional occupational program.
i was laid off from my previous job. that doesnt matter though.
anyone can go there, i highly recommend it. especially if you dont want to pay 4-5000 for a fasttrack trucking school.
good luck, see ya on the road