User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by softnrough
I'm pre hired with them and start my orientation July 1st. They have excellent benefits, new equipment and all the people I've spoken to seem very nice. The only question mark I have is "what the average miles I'll receive"?

They will pay $400 for the first 3 weeks then $500 the following 3
I've heard that all that glitter is not gold. This company certainly has a nice shine to it so far. Sofnrough how did you first hear of Interstate, and how much research have you done? When you graduate, will you be under contract with them for a certain length of time? There has to be some downside to this. I'm a novice rookie just looking for a good school to attend. Like I stated in an earlier post, I may end up going to my local tech school. That gives me until September to research several options. To draw $400 a week in salary without even touching the highway is a grandiose incentive.

Good luck softnrough
Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Again, you will not be paid anything until after you have your CDL. Once IDS assigns you a trainer after you graduate from school you will start drawing a wage. No company that I know of will pay you a dime until you have that CDL. Too many people quit, fail and/or get kicked out of school for the companies to justify paying a wage.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Rookie

Karnajj I tend to believe you. It is only logical that a company will not pay you until you have proven to them that you have some level of commitment. There is a NOTE that I left out that they have in their brochure, and it reads "NOTE: Driver orientation, local training and over-the-road training is conducted during these weeks" Maybe softnrough can clear this up, but I will contact the recruiter tomorrow about this. Karnajj thanks for your input.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Rookie

I already graduated from a trucking school and have my CDL. I found them through this site (classAdrivers). The recruiter told me that all that is left to do is a drug test and background investigation. I'm assuming they are referring to criminal because she did check with my last employer for reference. The pay kicks in when I start Monday
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Senior Board Member

For the most part I've heard good things about them.

The only potential fly in the ointment is that they require you to sign a paper stating that you will chain in the winter.

As an OTRer who is paid only by the mile burning time putting your chains on (45-60min) driving through the chain area at 25mph and taking the iron off (15-30min) is futile. You are earning less than min wage for freezing your butt off playing with the Iron.