User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Job History Requirements

Shopping around for truck companies, and all the truck companies state "need stable job history". My question is what do they consider as stable job history?

My husband was in school for three years so he didn't really have a stable job, just worked when we needed extra cash to pay the bills.

Since he quit school in January this year, he has had two different jobs, and plans to stay with the current job until we find the company we want to work for - so probably another 4-6 months or so.

Is this job history going to pose a problem? Would him being in school be all that we should put down for those three years?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Some companies will dock for having too many jobs, but many consider a stable job history one where all time for the past 10 years can be accounted for. This is especially true for people entering the industry.

FYI: In the trucking industry, going to school is counted as part of your work history. If with in the last 3 years be sure to have transcripts ready to be able to verify that you were in school.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Board Regular

A large number of companies will hire you regardless of your job history. As long as you have a complete history that can be confirmed. The reason for this is that federal regulations require companies to confirm all employment history(also schooling, self employment and unemployment) for a period of 3 years prior and to have an additional 7 year work history on file(some companies will also confirm this period, but not most).

These companies will however pay less than the companies with more stringent job history requirements.

Outside of a poor driving record or criminal background, you can always find a driving job. It's just a matter of finding a good paying job.

Good Luck

[email protected]
Old 05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the info everyone. We'll be sure to get a copy of his transcripts.