User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wrong Forum, But Prayers, Please??

04/16 2007 5:00PM

I'm sure that most of you have heard by now, but I just turned on the TV, learned of the shooting rampage at Virginia Tech. 33 people dead, (including gunman) 15 injured.

How many tears will fall tonight, and in the days to come?? How many parents have lost their beloved children, without ever having a chance to say Good-Bye. How many loved ones will be left to wonder why these things happen??

You know, as I look back on my time here at CAD, I can recall many wonderful discussions that we've had as a group, and that I have enjoyed with many of you. Many of those discussions have been interesting and entertaining, some have been joyous, some have been educational and informative. Some have taken place in the form of good natured bantering. Those were nice!!

Then, my mind drifts and I think about other discussions; some have been heated, explosive, or degenerated to petty bickering, and I must confess that I have played my part in those exchanges as well......and suddenly, it all seems so meaningless now.

Trucking is an industry that carries a significant element of risk. It is sobering to be reminded, once again, of how quickly lives can be taken, or lost, or to contemplate the hopes and dreams that are all too often left shattered. No one pulls out of a shipper, or a receiver, or a fuel island, thinking that they may have seen their last sunrise or sunset, or hugged their loved ones or children for the last time, without knowing it; yet, tragically, those are the fates that await too many professional drivers every year.

I call upon all of us to set aside our differences, and to remember that in the eyes of Heaven, we are all born of One Creator, and that we are all Brothers and Sisters under The Heavens. Hopefully, we might join together in Spirit, and offer our prayers and meditations to those who's lives were taken, and the families, loved ones, friends, and aquaintences who will be left in the wake of a seemingly unexplainable act.

Also, remember that the gunman (not yet identified) was a troubled soul, and may have a family that may have played no part in his actions. It really requires little in the way of personal strength to love those who are easy to love. The forces of darkness reigned today; yet, the only way that evil can triumph over good is if we allow it to.

The way to keep that from happening is to accept the tradgedy that has happened, explore the dimmensions of our bodies, our minds, our Spirits and our Souls, and find a way to transform the grief, the pain, the suffering, the anger, the pestilance and evil that hammer away at our sense of security, only to rob us of our Peace, and focus upon the dimensions of Love, and the promises that we must make to ourselves, our children, and to each other; promises of Spiritual Ressurection, promises of Hope, promises of Forgiveness, promises of a New Beginning.

Forgiveness?? Touchy subect right now, I've no doubt!! Yet, if we refuse to accept the need to forgive, or lose sight of our obligations to forgive, then we burn a bridge that all of us need to cross at some time in our lives. This is a dimmension where I find myself falling woefully short.

To those of you who I've hurt or offended by allowing myself to fall into the depths of negativity, spite, vitriolic words, and uncharitable thoughts, and hurtfull and offensive exchanges, I must offer my most humble and sincere apologies. Hopefully, I will remember that which has passed, and not lose sight of The Eppiphany that today's tradgedy brings.

I Wish All of You Peace.
Please Be Safe!!
Bill
:cry:
Old 04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

amen............well said...................!!!!!!!!!!!!
prayer works!!!
god bless!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

They're certainly going to need it. :cry:

I wonder, though, how quickly the University President, the Chief of Police, and the Director of Campus security will fall, be brought up on charges, and sued into oblivion.

Why?

Had any of them followed protocol and locked down the university after the first murder, there would likely only be the one person in the dorm listed among the dead and the students in the Engineering building may have been spared. But because they simply locked down the one building and gave no thought to the rest of the campus, so many more died.

This kind of slaughter is senseless in an unexplainable extreme. But it appears that it probably could have been mostly avoided. Of course, the investigation will bear that out one way or another. Until then, all you can do it cry.

:cry:

Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Useless....you give some good points to ponder..... and I say AMEN to what you have said.

We all need to reflect on our lives, and try to be more forgiving and understanding...and tolerant of our fellow man. I know that I do....that is need to be introspective....

My thoughts and prayers are for the deceased and their families. Its a sad day for sure :cry:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I use humor to keep myself feeling and acting positive. It is also how I cope with the ugliness I have seen, and what I know is always around.

This murderous monster chose to be what he became. We all have choices, to live through negative influences...or to live through positive influence.

Whatever this Cowardly Killer did with his life over the last days to allow himself to become what he became...he obviously did NOTHING to stop the negative influences from consuming him....completely.

My forgiveness can only go so far....the rest is up to God. Long as I am a mortal being...I am not lowering my guard by giving a whole lot of forgiveness to something so evil. There may be another day for that...but it is NOT TODAY.

This is so sickening.
I will add my prayers.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Roadhog,

Your words are strong, and I have heard them. I share your anger, and I make no excuses for the killer. Without question or doubt, evil reigned.

It is natural to be angry; something would not seem right if we were not. Yet, as I reflect on my own actions, and my own ways of thinking, what I find is that the more I lose sight of forgiveness, and the need to forgive, the less capable I am when I find myself called upon to forgive.

Now, I'm speaking for myself here, but I would admonish all to give ear and listen, lest your fate become what my fate has become.

Here is the key, the Eppiphany that I am called upon to face:

The more I lose sight of my need and obligations to forgive, the less capacity I have to forgive, when the time comes that I need it. The more that capacity to forgive is dimminished, the more I become like those people who go on to hurt others. The less able that I become, when it is time to forgive, the less that I am able to accept forgiveness from others, for the transgressions and trespasses that I committ against them; thus, the vicious cycle intensifies, along with the damage and destruction that follow in the wake of it all.

I proclaim my hatred and spite for those people who hurt others, and yet I become what they are; and if those shadows remain unaltered, I may not fall into their particular abbyss, but I court and embrace the forces of negativity and evil that I claim to dispise; destructive forces that can hurt and destroy others, and will go on to hurt and destroy me.

For that, life is too short, the price is too high, and the benefits are non-existant.

Roadhog, you are a good man.
I wish you Peace.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Board Icon

Bro...what you are talking about can be measured easily each day in your basic behavior.

I understand what you are admonishing...and find it important thoughts as well.
We all find our basic behavior quite evident when we are attempting to share the road... :? Good place also to practice basic forgiveness.
But when you witness someone reckless and exibiting road rage...it is NOT a time to forgive...or be charitable. Many people are killed just as senselessly by someone consumed by negative influences behind the wheel of a vehicle...as if they had a gun in their hand.

That is just one example.
When you contemplate your behavior...do it in places that challenge your behavior the most...as well as when you are comfortable and relaxing.
Always seek to find the positive in yourself first. You can rarely help the next guy....but your positivity can.

...and being angry is not necessarily negative.
We are of like mind.... 8)
Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member

I've read the words others have spoken on this thread ... and I feel the pain, confusion, anger, needless taking of a life (many), the act of forgiving ~ which is of great importance ~ other wise we too can turn into the same hard shell, negative person of those who intentionally go out to bring pain to strangers.

Useless .... your words brought tears to my eyes. You have a way with words ... nicely put. You expressed alot of the same feelings I had today. As I was telling my oldest grandson about the killings, I expressed to him that these people where/are ~ someones child ~ someones brother ~ someones sister ~ someones father ~ someones mother ... and etc.. And the painful loss these familys are feeling right now ... because one person - one very sick person - took it upon themselves to bring that kind of deep pain to the world .... not only was it 30 + people who lost their life today .... it was also the family members that will carry this day on for the rest of their lives ... which in turn will affect the other people who come in contact with these family members .... it goes on and on.

I understood the words that Skywalker, roadhog, Twilight Flyer and you spoke ... and everyone is.... 'right' .... in their own way - we all feel the same feelings and think the same thoughts .... we just express it in a different manner. Which I thought the way everyone here expressed themselves was done with sincere consideration for one another. Isn't that what makes life interesting. ............. the core of it all ......... we're all good people just trying to make it through life the best way we know how. And if we can learn just the slightest thing from someone else ... it can only make us better and hopefully understand one another better.

As I say my prayers I keep all those family's and souls at the top of my list. ... then I add the people here ... that we may continue to grow and learn from one another.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I live in Roanoke, about 30 minutes north of Blacksburg, VA. Things here are really crazy. I have family at VT, we all appreciate the prayers.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

"I can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away. How long, how long must we sing this song?"