User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 1-800-Big Truck

Pretty much all my life I've always wanted to be a long haul driver.,hell, if I was to look hard enough I should be able to find some old pictures of trucks when I was a young teenager back in the 70's. I'll have to get my wife to try and find them someday.Then when I was old enough I was to interested in having fun ect. Then you meet girl of your dreams and start having kids. they are the best and most important gifts I could ever imagine. I worked in a couple of factories but could not stand it, then I started a mobile wash buisness just to be close to trucks. That gig lasted almost 7 years but just couldn't get it to take off successfuly. Back then I was going to pursue a driving career,but after discussing it with my wife ,we decided to wait 2or 3 months to see if I could find a job first. Done up a resume and to my surprise I got a good paying job(highest paid factory in Stratford) in 2 weeks. I started and didn't think I'd last 6 months. Turned out to be a very good and satisfying job for about 10 years.I even forgot about trucking or anything related till about 2 1/2 years ago, thenthe itch came back. after a lot of mulling and thinking I finally went and got my AZ license last fall. Started applying about two months ago and start my new job on Monday, I have the Pete in my driveway right now.My kids are all grown and my wife supports me to the best of my knollege .The company I worked for has been really good to me over the years and for there appreiciation gave me a 6 month leave of absence in case it doesn't work out ,I keep my seniority, benifits for 3 months. For the last 3 weeks I've been training 2 guys to take over my possition, every one kept saying they will be calling me to trouble shoot when they can't figure somthing out,The last week they gave me the phone number 1-800-Big Truck. So I guess now I'm going to be the one that needs trained,I'll be driving the white flat top Pete with a flat bed, so if you want to give me any pointers ,advice,ect. it will be apprietiated. I'm confident this is what I want to do for the next 20 years,hell maybe longer. That 6 months that turned out to be 13 was very rewarding in every asspect and I'm sure this move will be just as rewarding or better. Oh , one other thing, how do I change my user name here to 1-800-Big Truck,it's the least I could do for all my friends from Copper-Standard in Srtatford Ont. Canada
Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/

You will find lots of pics there of trucks, old and new.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Rookie

Those are pictures I took with my 1st camera , some of the looks I got from some of those drivers ,they must have thought I was nuts.