User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Best CDL training program.

If anyone is interested in the best CDL training company in the industry send me a pm. Positions fill fast! No im not a recruiter just a driver that did it and sees the wow difference between this company and others.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Best CDL Training Program

Ad? Me thinks it is. BOL
Old 03-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Board Regular

Hey at least it didn't start with: "CDL ready in 3 days"....now those are the ones that nerve me..........

Sounds like an ad to me too, how about just posting: I went to a good school/training program and here's my take on this there program just for your info.....something like that.......
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member

went to local DMV, got CDL handbook, read the CDL handbook, went to DMV and did several written test, got CDL permit, score 100 percent... I took a drug test and did a physical, got DOT CARD, went to the local community college workforce training center and signed up for Truck Driver Training.. First day of school did pretrip, drove around dirt lot with orange cones, backing and more backing, did lunch, drove around city traffic for awhile then highway , end of day... repeat day after day.. all bookwork was done at home on duty not driving, keeped logbook from day one of school, after 3 weeks of intense training took driving test with state examiner, passed with only missing 3 points..... what is better than that ? was not a CDL Mill, was drive, backup, drive, backup everyday all day long, thats why bookwork was homework, no time, drove all day long.. first half of day alone in the truck in the dirt lot with lots of orange cones, second half of day one on one with instructor out on the road. I had really good training and learned more than you think....Not some cram 20 kids in a class and say open to page 1 and lets all look at the chalk board... took home safety videos and got graded on them with a verbal test while we did a pretrip every mornin, very sharp teacher with 30+ years of driving, show me a better way to learn by golly.....
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Default Re: Best CDL training program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb
If anyone is interested in the best CDL training company in the industry send me a pm. Positions fill fast! No im not a recruiter just a driver that did it and sees the wow difference between this company and others.
The company he is referring to is CFI. You can read about details and also the experiences of the CFI students at cfidrivers.com . You can also read about the good and bad of CFI there. Lot of information for anyone considering CFI.

CRB, Crowder College is no doubt a good training institution. However, world class instructors are located at Central Tech, Drumright, OK
( www.tdt-ok.com ). These instructors are simply GREAT as are the school facilities and vehicles.

Hope you're doing well at CFI!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member

To become a good trucker:

1. Drive a 4-wheeler for at least 15 years or 1,000,000 miles.
2. Buy a jet-ski, and practice until you can back that jet-ski trailer in a straight line and a figure eight.
3. Now practice backing that jet ski while your wife hollers about what a dumb-arse you are and tells jet-ski backer jokes.
4. Now back that jet ski while your wife hollers at you, only this time do it without turning your head.

You are now ready to learn.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligator
To become a good trucker:

3. Now practice backing that jet ski while your wife hollers about what a dumb-arse you are and tells jet-ski backer jokes.
4. Now back that jet ski while your wife hollers at you, only this time do it without turning your head.

You are now ready to learn.
:lol: :lol: :lol: