User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Which Company to go with

Can Anybody tell me which would be the better company to go with husband just graduated from cdl school the companies are Roehl or Boyd or usa? ops:
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

If he is unsure if he wants to do vans or flats the Roehl is definately the answer IMHO as he could simply switch divisions and maybe undergo some added training if need be.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It depends on whether he wants to pull a van or flat. Like Uturn, I would probably suggest Roehl. I have heard more positive things about them on the board. Boyd seems to be a decent flat bed company. I don't recall hearing much negative information about USA. You could do a search on the forum about each of these companies.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM

I knew one ex USA driver, he had run team from Canada to Texas. His downside was LACK of hometime. In his case he got 24 hrs off every 2 weeks.

That was just one instance, might be better off using the search feature for all companies.

I know 1 Boyd driver living in Kentucky who seems to get home weekly.

Roehl was the company the recruiter for LJK recommended for those applicants who did not have enough exp for him to hire.

Overall I would agree with the advice so far and say look at Roehl, as Uturn said at least he COULD switch if flatbedding is NOT for him.
If he doesn't like flatbedding at Roehl he could change to vans and not lose benefits and the longer employment record would look better in the future if he changes companies.