User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wanting to be honest...

I'm about to start work on getting my cdl and picked up an application to my company of choice,I have had a couple accidents in the last 5 years,the first one I was rear ended in a constuction zone,the second one I hit a woman in the rear after she cut in front of me and grenaded the brakes(witnessed by a trooper a few cars back ) but honestly couldn't remember the dates so I went to the DMV and got a copy of my MVR and they aren't on it,I wasn't ticketed either time so I figure thats why they don't show up.I called the company to ask advice and was told by the recruiter that if they arent on my MVR not to list them because if I do then I'll have to come up with accident reports so not to worry about it.I don't want this to come back and bite me,but was told by the (recruiter)if they aren't on my MVR they can't find them.The law was called both times and my insurance had to pay out on the second one even though I was not ticketed and it does show up on my insurance.I really don't want to screw this up.I'm kind of at a loss as what to do.Any advice from you veteran drivers or recruiters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

For starters what does the application ask for?

Does it ask for any accidents ever, in the last 10 years, 5 years, 3 years????

If something falls outside the time limit asked for then by all means do not list it. If it does fall within the time frame asked for then I would put it on your application.

As far as getting an accident report, all you have to do is contact the county the accident happened in, give them a few details, and they should be able to pull it up and send you a copy without much problem.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Uturn is right. You should do what the application states. That way, it can't come back to bite you later. More than likely if it isn't on your MVR it won't make any difference to the company.