User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2021, 01:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default $987 overweigh fine (drop axle)

I was given a 4 axle tractor to transport this particular load. I forgot to drop the drop-axle on the tractor when I picked up the load. But when I went through the scales and was given the arrow to get into the left lane, I immediately dropped the drop-axle. The officer came out and said he saw me drop my axle on the ramp, and therefore I needed lift the axle and pull around for a reweigh (since I had been on the highway with the axle up). I did as he asked, and ended up with a $987 fine. I was 10,000 pounds overweight without the axle down. Is it legal of the officer to tell me weigh with my axle up even though I had dropped it well before getting to the scale?
Old 07-25-2021, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by not in front yard View Post
I was given a 4 axle tractor to transport this particular load. I forgot to drop the drop-axle on the tractor when I picked up the load. But when I went through the scales and was given the arrow to get into the left lane, I immediately dropped the drop-axle. The officer came out and said he saw me drop my axle on the ramp, and therefore I needed lift the axle and pull around for a reweigh (since I had been on the highway with the axle up). I did as he asked, and ended up with a $987 fine. I was 10,000 pounds overweight without the axle down. Is it legal of the officer to tell me weigh with my axle up even though I had dropped it well before getting to the scale?
Where did this happen?
I think you'll need a lawyer and if you don't get a lawyer then make sure to contest the ticket. Either in person via online. My best guess is you or your company will be paying a hefty fine, but they'll probable reduce the ticket some. BOL

Old 01-19-2022, 04:45 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by not in front yard View Post
Where did this happen?
Old 01-10-2024, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Any update? Is the problem solved now?