User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default US XPRESS NEVER AGAIN!!

Well here is my story..

I took my Orientation in South Holland IL. Got to the hotel Sunday night. Room was clean and everyone was nice. I had a room with another lady she was an EXP. Driver. She drove for FFE. Well everything was cool. Monday morning got up went down and had the free hotel meal hahahahahahah! We than got on the van. The guy that came to get us was a joke. No teeth! So we get to the yard and everything is going good Wed was our last day. So I got my trainer and he headed out. Well we got our first load to PA. Cool. I was told that we would not be teaming. I liked that because I am going to be solo I cant sleep when the truck is moving. So I drove first... Well it was about 9 hours and well she said to pull in to the Pilot. We got fuel she showed me how to use the com-data card and we found a place to park. So she helps me back in and we get in and everything is going good. We went into get our showers well I finished first so I waited in the drivers room and was watching tv. She came out and said Janice ready to roll. I said what do you mean? She said we are leaving and I am driving. I than waited to go outside and ask her again. WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Its our 10 hour break. She said teams dont get the break. I told her I would not be able to sleep while the truck moved. She said tuff it out girl... I was really pissed so I jumped in and she said you gotta get in the sleeeper. So I thought I would get the bottom. she said no no your on top. well so I jump up on top. the truck starts up and I say wait till i bukle in the holders. everything was cool we get going and I am beat tired. I cant sleep with the Radio blasting and everything else.. Well we get to PA... and I get to back in the dock... Cool... Well we that send into get another load. we get one back to South Holland to drop a trailer.. So she says well I think once we get back I will take the weekend off.. I said ok... Well we get back to the yard and I go into talk to the FM and he says well I am sorry but this is how we train. I told him he said right out we dont do a team training thing. Well I go put my stuff in the car for the 6 hour ride home. I am walking back to the terminal when I get a call from a company that came to the school. It is a small company 400 trucks. Auto Shift. So I get home last night and I call the company back well I went into a sit down interview. I am hired. I start Orentation on November 28th. It is a small company 400 trucks. I can get home every weekend if I wish or stay out my choice. I asked them about teaming while with a trainer.. and the lady there showed me in black and white that trainer is sitting in the jump seat while the trainee is driving... Cool.. So I call US XPRESS today and tell them I wont be comming back. I was asked why and I just dont like the team training. I did not like the company because I was lied to right off the bat about training. I am at Re-Hire Staus. I will be with this company awhile I was taken out to lunch and everything after I was approved for hire. Very nice company. So just a heads up about what I went through!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Training should be done with the trainer sitting in the passenger seat observing the trainee. glad to hear you found another company so quick. Sounds like a nice small company. What is the name of the company?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: US XPRESS NEVER AGAIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerjanice
Well here is my story..

I took my Orientation in South Holland IL. Got to the hotel Sunday night. Room was clean and everyone was nice. I had a room with another lady she was an EXP. Driver. She drove for FFE. Well everything was cool. Monday morning got up went down and had the free hotel meal hahahahahahah! We than got on the van. The guy that came to get us was a joke. No teeth! So we get to the yard and everything is going good Wed was our last day. So I got my trainer and he headed out. Well we got our first load to PA. Cool. I was told that we would not be teaming. I liked that because I am going to be solo I cant sleep when the truck is moving. So I drove first... Well it was about 9 hours and well she said to pull in to the Pilot. We got fuel she showed me how to use the com-data card and we found a place to park. So she helps me back in and we get in and everything is going good. We went into get our showers well I finished first so I waited in the drivers room and was watching tv. She came out and said Janice ready to roll. I said what do you mean? She said we are leaving and I am driving. I than waited to go outside and ask her again. WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Its our 10 hour break. She said teams dont get the break. I told her I would not be able to sleep while the truck moved. She said tuff it out girl... I was really pissed so I jumped in and she said you gotta get in the sleeeper. So I thought I would get the bottom. she said no no your on top. well so I jump up on top. the truck starts up and I say wait till i bukle in the holders. everything was cool we get going and I am beat tired. I cant sleep with the Radio blasting and everything else.. Well we get to PA... and I get to back in the dock... Cool... Well we that send into get another load. we get one back to South Holland to drop a trailer.. So she says well I think once we get back I will take the weekend off.. I said ok... Well we get back to the yard and I go into talk to the FM and he says well I am sorry but this is how we train. I told him he said right out we dont do a team training thing. Well I go put my stuff in the car for the 6 hour ride home. I am walking back to the terminal when I get a call from a company that came to the school. It is a small company 400 trucks. Auto Shift. So I get home last night and I call the company back well I went into a sit down interview. I am hired. I start Orentation on November 28th. It is a small company 400 trucks. I can get home every weekend if I wish or stay out my choice. I asked them about teaming while with a trainer.. and the lady there showed me in black and white that trainer is sitting in the jump seat while the trainee is driving... Cool.. So I call US XPRESS today and tell them I wont be comming back. I was asked why and I just dont like the team training. I did not like the company because I was lied to right off the bat about training. I am at Re-Hire Staus. I will be with this company awhile I was taken out to lunch and everything after I was approved for hire. Very nice company. So just a heads up about what I went through!
Why are you Spamming this Forum with this?
Once wasn't enough for you?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Rookie

I put 2 differant posts... The company is kreilkamp I will be out of there Edison, New Jersey, Terminal. What do you think of that company???
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

i have never heard of that company but I am sure someone here on the board will know about them.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

They are not supposed to team drive while your training At usx . They tried that with me while i was a trainer at usx and i called the safety dept and put stop to that .
Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

You couldn't pay me enough to be in the sleeper sleeping with someone new behind the wheel .. :shock:
Old 11-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Board Regular
Default goodluck

goodluck
Old 11-18-2006, 06:32 AM
Board Regular

Yeah I was going to say, top bunk while the truck is rolling? Seems really dangerous...
Old 11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Board Member

yeah thats a big no no for usx driving down the road you are to be on the bottom. that trainer is an ahole for putting you on the top. otherwise seems to be a tuff it out situation.