User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Keg Cooler ?

I just leased a brand new Century through CR England ,And the first modification I want to make is installing a KEG COOLER . I figure the best spot for a 1/2 keg is the cooler storage area ,as it has enough room to stand the unit up right ,and should with minimal modification lend itself to having enough space to fit the KEG with a refrigeration unit ...I have not figured out what unit I'll use yet ...I'm open to suggestions . I thought about under bunk But there isn't enough room to stand a 1/2 keg upright only those 1/4 kegs ,and they cost more to fill ,and besides that's my tool storage area ,and it gets hot under the bunk ,and would be hard to keep anything frosty cold under there . I have thought about just removing the closet ,and installing a full size fridge ,and just continue to buy the suds by the case ,But nothing really beats a cold one on tap ...Any suggestions or tips from those that have already tackled a project like this would be welcome .
Old 11-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Me thinks someone is trying to bait a thread and start controversy.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Keg Cooler ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourMash
I just leased a brand new Century through CR England ,And the first modification I want to make is installing a KEG COOLER . I figure the best spot for a 1/2 keg is the cooler storage area ,as it has enough room to stand the unit up right ,and should with minimal modification lend itself to having enough space to fit the KEG with a refrigeration unit ...I have not figured out what unit I'll use yet ...I'm open to suggestions . I thought about under bunk But there isn't enough room to stand a 1/2 keg upright only those 1/4 kegs ,and they cost more to fill ,and besides that's my tool storage area ,and it gets hot under the bunk ,and would be hard to keep anything frosty cold under there . I have thought about just removing the closet ,and installing a full size fridge ,and just continue to buy the suds by the case ,But nothing really beats a cold one on tap ...Any suggestions or tips from those that have already tackled a project like this would be welcome .

Old 11-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Rookie

well before I left JB I never got around to checking out any of their lease op set ups , And here at CR the guys just don't sit long enough to get a chance to chat .
Old 11-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Do you have any passengers on the truck that would make getting rid of the passenger seat a problem.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

Do you have any passengers on the truck that would make getting rid of the passenger seat a problem.

No WHY ???
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Board Regular

Okay Rev I give up, where do you get all the pics???
Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

No WHY ???

You can get rid of the passenger seat and use the extra space to retro fit a full wet bar in there . :wink:
Old 11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Wait...I just remembered something, this guy could be serious. About a year and a half ago, I sent a driver to orientation. His 2nd day of orientation he got kicked out for actually drinking a beer in class. The funniest part about it was the next day when he called me and cussed me out because I didnt tell him that we didnt allow beer drinking in orientation.
Now Sour, come clean. That was you, wasnt it? How ya been, buddy?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Board Regular

Oh hell... why fool around with just a little 'ole keg? Gut the sleeper, close it off, insulate it, fill it with beer, and install a line a with a tap and run it right to the drivers seat.
Closed Thread