User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CREngland terminals

I know they are based in Salt lake City, but was wondering where they have other terminals? I am starting in their traing program on the 13 of Nov. in Dallas. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Good Luck!!! sorry cant really answer your ?. But you will find out why you need luck. :wink:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Much that could be said here, but Mackman is absolutely correct; you REALLY need to explore and develop some other options!!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Rookie

here

you will have to click on what division you want to check it out
Old 11-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Rookie

Thanks DOG, I found what I was looking for.

I am very aware of the reputation of this company, as well as other companies mentioned on here. Some good, some bad.
I don't have a squeaky clean back ground. I have a non violent felony from 24 years ago, but it is a felony. It is being held against me. The companies I did apply at would not accept the felony even though it was that long ago. I did not lie on any application and will not do so. CRE has reviewed my application, spoken with me and listened to what I had to say. They are willing to give me a chance so there for I will be going with them. I believe a job is what you make it out to be. If you have a negative attitude when you start then it will be there when you leave. I have to start out with the attitude that I can make this work for me. There will be good times and bad times. Its how you deal with the bad times that will make or brake you.
I Will have to work for CARE until my commitment is up, and by then I plan to have my past criminal record expunged and will be able to get a job anywhere. If I need to.

I have been visiting this site for the past couple of months and have been reading very carefully as what the members have had to say. You have all been very helpful to me with the questions and the answers that have been posted here. I plan to keep visiting here and will be happy to share my experiences with you about CRE. I hope I have good things to report.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Forget that noise. Just head down to the local port and hire on with a tin-can hauler (AKA: Intermodal). They'll hire Jack The Ripper if he could fog a mirror. Heck, I'd even drive a vac truck around sucking out porta-johns before I pulled for ole' Crash & Roll. But to each their own, I guess.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnstck
Thanks DOG, I found what I was looking for.

I am very aware of the reputation of this company, as well as other companies mentioned on here. Some good, some bad.
I don't have a squeaky clean back ground. I have a non violent felony from 24 years ago, but it is a felony. It is being held against me. The companies I did apply at would not accept the felony even though it was that long ago. I did not lie on any application and will not do so. CRE has reviewed my application, spoken with me and listened to what I had to say. They are willing to give me a chance so there for I will be going with them. I believe a job is what you make it out to be. If you have a negative attitude when you start then it will be there when you leave. I have to start out with the attitude that I can make this work for me. There will be good times and bad times. Its how you deal with the bad times that will make or brake you.
I Will have to work for CARE until my commitment is up, and by then I plan to have my past criminal record expunged and will be able to get a job anywhere. If I need to.

I have been visiting this site for the past couple of months and have been reading very carefully as what the members have had to say. You have all been very helpful to me with the questions and the answers that have been posted here. I plan to keep visiting here and will be happy to share my experiences with you about CRE. I hope I have good things to report.

Thanks
That's a good attitude to good with. I think a lot of people get sucked into the drama at their work and it dooms them. This happens in all businesses, not just trucking. Life is what you make of it. I'm not saying CRE is the greatest, but if they are the only one that will take you on then go for it. From reading about CRE I think it would be a good idea to stay away from the lease program until you have some experience. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="greg3564"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smnstck
From reading about CRE I think it would be a good idea to stay away from the lease program until you have some experience.
Stay away from ALL LEASE PROGRAMS.

kc0iv
Old 11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Rookie

I have no plans for getting into the lease program at this time.
Personally I think it would be and is a mistake for a rookie to get involved with that kind of set up right out of school. I feel that one should get to know the business first, from top to bottom.
I used to have my own business for 12 years. I did landscape construction for new home builders. I mostly did the tractor work that was involved and can drive several pieces of equipment. Along with the duties involved with running the business, bookwork, contacting clients, employees, payroll, etc..... I know how fast one get behind if you make to many mistakes to often.
So a lease option is not a good deal for me at this stage of my new career.. Maybe a year or more down the road we will see. But first I got to get to know the ins and outs of the trucking world. Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

From what I ahve read from other posters is that they pretty much force you into a lease with them! That is all second hand info though. I have never stooped that low to work for them. Although I did go pretty low with Werner.