User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wanna know whats gonna happen?

They're gonna make you plead guilty to one charge, drop the rest, slap you with a fine, and send you on your way. Taking a dump in a public park is the same as criminal mischief, so I wouldn't worry. If it involved vehicular homocide, you'd really need to ask advice on which lawyer.

In this case, call the attourney CLOSEST to the district attorney's office where hes being charged :wink: and get out the checkbook. They're not gonna take his license or impose jailtime for an offense he reported the next day and went back to the scene.

Examples like this are a money game for small towns. They want your money, then never want to see you agin! 8)
Old 11-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Senior Board Member

west_coaster & mikey4069

Thank you both for the help and information! I looked up Road Law and I am going to call them in the morning and see what they have to say. And the name of a good attorney really helps!!! This is exactly the kind of help we need at this point.

The accident occurred at 3040 Biddle Road, Medford Oregon at a oh great just saw this Bureau of Land Management :shock: :shock:

I guess it was not a shopping center after all!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-01-2006, 04:24 AM
Senior Board Member

BanditsCousin,

I hope you are right about his CDL! He is loving driving and this is a very bad start. With Criminal Mischief there has to be intent! There was no intention of him doing this. I looked it up and 1st Degree Criminal Mischief is a felony :shock:

After 60 days we thought they would let it go!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Jackson county (Medford) is not a good place to get in trouble in.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
Jackson county (Medford) is not a good place to get in trouble in.
I am getting that feeling! As I said in an earlier post on the May Trucking thread when my husband saw the police report he said that the officer should have been a fantasy writer instead of a police officer. He made it look completely different than what it was. And he said things in the statement given by my husband that my husband NEVER said. And there was NO mention that the security guard helped my husband out of the parking lot.

We did not dispute it at the time because we thought that it was going to just be let go! Had we any idea that it would come to this my husband would have definitely disputed the report and filed a complaint against the officer.

At this point I do not know if he can until he gets back into town and his first time back maybe when he has to go court.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 AM

It sounds like the DA has a hair up his azz on this one. I am sure the companies insurance paid for the damage and that should be it. He should have contacted someone immediately, but he made an honest mistake, and he went back to fess up to it. Looks like he is an example unfortunately. Gotta love election time. Good Luck.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
It sounds like the DA has a hair up his azz on this one. I am sure the companies insurance paid for the damage and that should be it. He should have contacted someone immediately, but he made an honest mistake, and he went back to fess up to it. Looks like he is an example unfortunately. Gotta love election time. Good Luck.
Thank you! I think they must have waited until after they got paid to file charges!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member

You should not get too worried talk to an attorney and I'm sure he will just get a slap on the wrist and a fine .
Old 11-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Senior Board Member

This is a pretty major "boo boo" like the others have said, had he just stayed there and took his lumps and felt stupid this would pretty much just be a big embarrassing blip and then all would be back to the grind. I don't think this is going to end anyone's career right off the bat, (depends on the cost of the pole and the tree?) but it will definately get him the "stink eye" for a while. I'd try and see what the DA has to say personally before contacting or hiring the lawyer though. I've never had to deal with one and for that, I'm beyond thankful!

BOL
Fozzy
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That is a good idea about contacting the District Attorney's office. You might be able to work something out before the court date. You may also contact the clerk or judge's office about it. They cannot refer you to an attorney, but might give you names of some who regularly show up in their court. More than likely all they really want is your money. Some of these towns use things like this as a major source of revenue. I don't see why he should have been charged with a felony when he came back and took care of things the next day. Any time you are involved in an accident you should file a report immediately. Most likely, they put this in as a felony to scare you into making a settlement rather than risk going to jail or having a felony conviction on his record. I hope he has the name and contact information of the security guard who assisted him. He may need to call him for court. Most likely, the DA will settle this for money. I would not waste a lot of time about getting an attorney. An attorney could possibly settle this without going to court, but since a felony is involved, I would not count on it. Let us know how things progress.