User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ALRIGHT!! GOING FOR MY CLASS B's ON THE 15TH! HELP!??

Don't know how it is in other states, but in Georgia you have to parallel park the truck from both sides. My main question and concern is, how much space do you have?

Here's a picture of the practice space I set up, and of the truck I'll be driving:

Is this about the size the space will be on the test, or will it be smaller? I just was able to park in that space without having to pull up and make adjustments. (they deduct points for that)
Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 PM

My best advice is to go to the commercial vehicle test site and watch what goes on. You'll most likely be able to see the course they have set up and then you'll know exactly what you'll be required to do. It helped me a lot. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Board Regular

I looked for it, but I do not know where it will be located. I figured someone who had taken the Class B driving test could tell me based on these photos.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Douglas,

I think you need to tighten up your space a little. I took my Georgia CDL skills test at a third party tester about 5 years ago, and the space allowed was 10 feet longer than the trailer(or straight truck, in your case), and 12 feet wide.

Your space looks a little too long, but mostly it looks too wide. When you're parked you should be closer to the cones on your right side than you are in the photos.....Your truck(as pictured) is still outside the "parking space".

Georgia no longer uses third party testers, so things may changed some. Since you're in Tifton, I assume you'll be taking your test in Albany. Try this link:

http://www.dds.ga.gov/locations/dllocations.aspx?csc=40

It might be good to do as FolsomFlash suggested and ride over there and watch some other drivers take their tests.

Have fun