User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hazmat Question.. How do you know...

when you are picking up a delivery.. how do you know what type of hazmat sign you put on the outsides of your truck?? does the pick up place give them to you? or do you have to have all the signs?? I know hazmat is serious..and fines are bigtime... I am new..
Old 10-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hazmat Question.. How do you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRoad2
when you are picking up a delivery.. how do you know what type of hazmat sign you put on the outsides of your truck?? does the pick up place give them to you? or do you have to have all the signs?? I know hazmat is serious..and fines are bigtime... I am new..
One of the shipper's responsibilities is to supply the placards. The driver must ensure the shipper has identified, marked and labeled the hazardous materials properly. He must properly placard his vehicle.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

The shipper MUST:

1. Provide shipping documents that identify any and all hazardous materials in the shipment, by name, class, packing goup, UN number, and weight/quantity/packages. They will have "X" in HM column or "RQ".

2. Provide all necessary placards appropriate to the shipment/load.

3. Provide MSDS and Emergency contact #'s such as "Chemtrec".

4. Also under the Patriot Act, etc, the shipper is required to check the photo ID of the driver to confirm that he/she is who they are supposed to be.

The drivers responsibility to is make sure that the shipper provides the above listed items, provides the required placards, and properly produces the correct shipping documents, etc. The driver is not to sign for or accept the shipment unless the requirements outlined in the FMCSR's are complied with. Further the driver is required to put the placards on the vehicle according to the FMCSR's before leaving the shipper, and remove them as soon as the trailer is unloaded, except in the event that it is a bulk tanker...which remains placarded until "washed out".

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Rookie

wow.thx for the information..that stuck to me like glue..

thx again