User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default is this true? about websites giving info to trucking comp?

i noticed when i ran a search for truck drivers jobs i i got few websites stating if i fill out a application online they forwarded them too every company thats hiring? is that true?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Depends on the website, but yes, most of them do. Others will forward them to the companies that you select for them to send it to. That's the reason for filling out the application. :wink:

Old 10-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Well, every company that is hiring and has a business relationship with that particular site. (I'm not exactly sure how that works, but I suspect that carriers pay a fee for the information from those sites.) However it works, it's free to you and will get your resume out there to several companies at once. Of course, the downside is that you'll be getting phone calls, letters and emails from companies for who knows how long (JB still calls me about twice a week. lol)
Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

hell...I wish my employer would pay for those sites for me. I pay for the information on those sites out of my own pocket. Usually costs about 400 a month for each site I use.

But you are right, If you fill out a app on those sites it will be emailed to any company or recruiter that is paying for that service.

As far as sharing that info....personally, Im not going to shell out all that money for leads and then put it in our database for all recruiters to call you.