User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Working on other options...

After having been dismissed by Swift driving academy, I'm working on other options such as working through the local college or other truck training schools. Thank you to everybody for the supportive messages.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Board Regular

if you are paying 3k out of your own pocket for training, why are you limiting yourself to CRE?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_95
if you are paying 3k out of your own pocket for training, why are you limiting yourself to CRE?
It's a loan, just like I got from Swift. Nothing upfront. I'm at CREngland because I have applied with about 10 other companies like CRST, Transport America, Schneider, etc. All their safety departments shot me down because of my minor incident.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Board Regular

I really hope you succeed I really do...but...going to england is setting yourself up for failure. They have a real reputation for not getting their drivers home for weeks at a time and then they push their lease program on unsuspecting newbie drivers that don't know any better. Slow down find a job at walmart, factory, tire shop, whatever until you get this figured out. I am just trying to save you a lot of heartache. Good luck
Old 09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Board Regular

ok i can't say who or who wouldn't hire you at this point, if thats your only option good luck to you. Just do some research on them, i mean like from actual peoples post etc. and not there website.....they dont have the best reputation, or even a good one at that. BOL
Old 09-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Info on Mid-American Driving Acad or CREngland appreciat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbndh
I've been trained to have a CDL but no company will touch me now because of Swift.
No company will touch you, because of YOU......... you hit the "Roll-off" truck...........not Swift.

Quote:
So, I'm being forced to do my training all over again
Your not being "forced" to do anything........you are making a choice..................that's sort of like being half-pregnet...........If you do not have a Class A-cdl in your pocket right now............you have NOT been trained, you just attended..................but, you might be able to get out of your financial obligations to Swift, because you did NOT recieve a Class-A CDL.......if I'm reading you correctly.

Quote:
if my wife hasn't left me by then.
So, you fully willing to go in debt another $3000.00, in addition to what you are already obligated to payand above that willing to lose your wife so you can drive a smelly azz truck and play "Billy Big Rig"..........dude, you need to get your priorities in the right place..........truckers are not exactly held in the highest esteem by the "General Public", and trucking is not the "glamorous" profession some claim it to be, including myself.

Quote:
I'm about to sink another $2995 into this effort.
You deserve all that you get coming to you..........if you are that desperate to drive a truck.

dmbndh...........I swear I'm not trying to give you a hard time.............but, YOU are responsible for the position you are in........not Swift or anyone else........it seems you are placing the blame on anything and everyone, except yourself.

IMO............if you were promised training from Swift to get a CDL and you haven't, I'm thinking that maybe, you might have legal recourse and not have to pay since they you didn't get a CDL-A. I honestly hope you succeed, but, let me assure you............driving a truck is NOT worth the financial burden you are about to put your family through............do the Math.........that $$$'s will be hard to recoop in the long run................and is certainly NOT worth losing your wife over.

Best of luck to you.............
Old 09-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Board Member

josh glad to see u r back. ok for a response, why don't you check out local adult learning or state sponsered training? usuall they have low intrest loans and long term payments, sometimes defered payments. your local employment office should be able to help too.try other options before signing on with england. you might have other options. it seems you have because you are able to get the credit in the first place. if you love her, listen to her. why do you want to be away from her so long? sleeping in a truck, breathing deisel fumes, eating unhealthy food, working 70 hours in 5.5 days, going home 3 days a month if you are lucky? me this is my life, and not a bad one, bu, i am single kids are grown up. shucks you want excitement driving? drive a taxi. i did and it was a blast. good money, always local, excitement? hell yes.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Rookie

I was joking about my wife leaving me. She's behind me 100%. CREngland ended up declining me...a blessing in disguise to be sure. So, I'm now working on other options. thank you guys for all the warnings!!